Should I get a "first impression" gift for a man's kids on first meeting (not a date) Just a meeting?

Hi everyone... I love this forum because everyone here gives some great answers.. A friend of mine has introduced me to someone he wants me to meet. My friend did mention that he did think that I was very pretty. Initially, it was more as a "romantic" thing but time passed and we never connected until there was some possible work projects we could work on together. He is well off (very financially stable, creative, and has two kids he adores). A good friend of my mother's, who is like a Grandmother figure to me, said that if I really wanted to "make an impression" on this guy to stop thinking about it as a "romantic conquest" but as a possible friendship since we may work together in the future. So , as a good "first impression" and since my friend mentioned to me that he had two kids I could give him a book for his kids since we may work together. Since I don't know if we will hang out again that would be a good way to show that I have a very "thoughtful" attitude. I told her that was very outside of the box for me and I had NEVER done anything like that. And she said "I have raised three boys, I am 90 years old and have seen my sons get married, get divorced and get married again. I'm telling you listen to me... If you want to be 'different' just try this." I am tempted to try it since we have never met , but have spoken briefly via phone and some emails.. All regarding business. What do you guys think? As a woman, does it always have to be that we have to act so sly and coy and can we just actually be thoughtful without any attachments? I am that type of person that would do that but once I know someone a little better. This is just a different way of getting someone "thinking of me differently" and possibly raisng their interest.

Most Helpful Girl

• I will say that the older the person is, the wiser they TEND to be. Of course, this isn't the case for everyone, but it is for a good majority of people. I would listen to her advice. What are the sex and agws of his kids? I'm not sure a book would necessarily make a great impression and this is coming from an avid reader. It's not something that would open my eyes a bit or make me more interested in someone. Make sure the gift is appropriate to the children.

What Guys Said 2

• yes... a gift would b a nice gesture... do u know wot this kid wants? :)

• Something small not too extravagant - Just enough to show you are glad to meet them.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes you should.