Guys, what do you think about a woman that gave you a quick kiss on the lips by the end of 2nd date?

Gave this guy a quick kiss on the lips, but I think he expected something longer.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• I would probably think you were trying to act based on some obnoxious dating playbook you either read or you and your friends came up with:

"Kiss briefly on the lips at the end of the second date."

"Hold hands for most of the third date, give him a convincing embrace at the end, but only a kiss on the cheek to keep him wondering if you're actually attracted to him."

"Another short kiss on the lips to start the fourth date to ease his doubts. But avoid physical contact for the rest of the date to ratchet up the sexual tension, then conclude the date with a long deep kiss."

etc. etc.

If you want to kiss, kiss. If you don't want to kiss, don't half-ass it to fulfill some perceived expectation about how relationships are supposed to progress.

That's my feeling anyway. I suspect it has very little in common with the vast majority of people's expectations, however. The norm for dating adults is supposedly to have sex on the third date and no later than date five, he probably was expecting more, and you've thrown off the schedule.

If he's into you, it really won't matter. Be true to yourself and go with what you're comfortable with, and if a guy isn't okay with that, find a better one.

What Guys Said 11

• My god, what a promiscuous trollop! A small kiss on the second date? You may as well have just bent over in the middle of singles night at your local with a sign on your arse saying "free sex for all"!

No, I'm just joking. If you still want to keep dating him, by the second date a kiss is a good sign. Third dates are supposed to be sex don't forget though. Because if you want to meet someone 3 times then its on.

• I would think "ok, she's not ready for serious kissing yet". But if I enjoyed the dates I wouldn't care. I would be looking forward to the next time I saw her, thinking that things will happen when they happen. But after a few more dates and still no real kissing I would be wondering what was up.

• I think that is very appropriate. The harder you are to get, the more he will value you if he likes you. If he doesn't like you, better that he leaves anyhow.

• You just teased him, not good. I would get try get the sex by second date

• I will start making a plan to kiss her so ban on the 3 date haha

• Most girls don't even initiate first.

• May be you are shy 😚

• I think its ok

• If he expects something longer and u want to give it to him do it on te next date no biggie

• I would like something longer

• I'm good with that. Some women prefer to take things slower, which is fine.