Do you agree with the following statement - "Men want beauty like women want money" ?

• TRUE
  • FALSE

Most Helpful Guy

• It's both true and false.

• Elaborate please

• Some women but not all are interesting purely in money, and some men are only interested in a pretty face but not all of them.

• Thank you for the MHO.

What Girls Said 11

• No, I don't. It's a generalization that oversimplifies the complexity of humans. Which is nothing but sad and simple-minded.

• As shallow as it may sound, this statement has its place in evolution.
    Men look for physical traits in women for reproductive purposes.
    Women look for powerful men for protection and torture of the young.

It so just happens that in our modern society, beauty and money represent the traits we inherently look for. Of course, since we have a large cerebral cortex, we don't have to behave exactly according to our primal self =)

• imho it depends from one person to another like not all men are after beauty some are more into "inner beauty"(her behaviour/attitude) and also not women are after money only goldiggers are this way

• I'm not judging :)

• i know lol

• Women in general are after stability and comfort, this applies to their private a public aspects of their life. This often translate into "money." Enough so you don't worry about deciding between bills and food vs recreation, not necessarily to be a gold-digging trophy wife.

• i sincerely disagree with statements like these that try to sum up humanity.

• The only reason why I don't agree with this statement is because I've witnessed some unnatractive women with attractive guys and I know a lot of women who could care less about money.

• It's just too black/white. You can't put everyone into one box like that.

• I don't agree. There can be women after beauty/good looks like men want money. Every person is different. This statement just categorises both men and women and that's wrong

• Absolutely NOT

• I've never dated a rich guy. Totally not a consideration AT ALL. I couldn't care less about money.
    .. but I believe the first part of that little 'saying'

• It is a generalization, however more women than will admit like money

• It's totally false.

• Men want sex, women want money.

• But do you agree?

• No. It could be true to some men and women, but not all the time.

• Let's be true to ourselves people that is a fact. There are guys who are only after the face value and sex, and there are women who are only after money. Am I saying it's true for everyone? Of course not. There are tons of people who would love you and stick with you even if you're the ugliest person in this world, even if you're broke, but hey news flash they are hard to find!

What Guys Said 9

• 1|2
    • rofl, that pic deserved MHO, too bad i already gave it :D

• It should be mentioned in the statement that the claims are trends, not blanket assumptions. Without such clarification most people will call it out as bullshit for over-generalizing.

Also, I'd argue it's not money, but power and social status. Money is a by-product of power and social status which is why it's assumed to be on par with looks because it's a correlate of the cause.

No matter how much society wants to propagate that looks aren't the #1 factor for men choosing a mate, for the vast majority of men, it's true.

So partially true, and partially false.

• I guess

,,,,,,,,

• From my experience yeah thats why I'm going for younger women older women want olderguys with a home career six pack and a car

• Same troll asking stupid questions

http://i.imgur.com/wYMh193.gif

Meant to say false by the way

• Nobody is forcing you to answer you know...

• No its pretty stupid :)

But anyway, just gathering my xper points

• That's your opinion buddy, not everyone shares it.

• Men want a soft nurturing woman and women want a strong protective man. ^_^

• Some might call that sexist and patriarchal.

• I wonder who...

• That's our biological inclination, not merely a result of our society. This is shown by its prevalence in a multitude of different locations and cultures. If that's sexist and patriarchal, then Humans have a biological inclination towards sexism and patriarchy.

• Nah, I just want her to not be as retarded as most users here that ask questions like this or even partially agree with them.

• im sure its true for some men/women

• 2|0