My sister dating my friend. Would it effect on our friendship?

I have friendship with this guy for almost 15 years and we are best friends. I am 18 and he is 17. My little sister (15) said to me that she is attracted to this guy and she finds him very handsome and attractive... I have no problem that she would date this guy but he is my best friend of 15 years so would it effect on our friendship? He a year ago said that she is really beautiful (many guys keep saying that she is very deadly beautiful, many guys are into her). Do you think it will effect our friendship or it's not good to date brother's best friend?

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as you don't involve yourself in their relationship it will not effect your friendship.

In every relationship problems , disagreements and arguments are normal.
    As long as nothing reaches a physically abusive level , let them as their relationship (as hard as it may be), do not intervene.

What Girls Said 5

• As long as they are both interested in one another in a serious way, it should be fine. And if they don't work out, as long as it ends amicably - without any cheating, lying, violence, etc. - it may be a bit awkward for a bit but should be fine.

Do you trust them to be able to date without damaging your friendship?

• I really don't trust them for relationship.

• Well then you should tell them both that you are not comfortable with it, and they should respect that. I think it is OK to date a friends sibling, but only if the friend is ok with it. My brother, for example, married his best friends younger sister, but when he first wanted to go out with her, his friend said no over and over again and he respected that, and that was when they were teenagers. He then moved away for a couple years and when he came back still really, really wanted to date her, so he asked again and this time the friend said yes, because he thought they had both grown up a lot in the last couple years and was now comfortable with it. Three years later they were married, but who knows how it might have went if they did start dating back in high school.

• it's possible it could hurt your relationship, friends of siblings is off limits for me, have I thought my brothers friend was cute yes but didn't act on it.

• I think you should trust your friend. better him dating her than some douche

• I don't thin it will.

• I always say friends never date friends and best friends never date family members. Less drama. Less confusion.

What Guys Said 1

• She'll probably drive a wedge between you and your buddy, but so would any other girl tbh. If you try to stop it you look like an asshole, it's a lose/lose situation I'm afraid.