How do I respond to the question "why did you join ok cupid"?

I was talking to a girl on the phone who I met on okc We hit it off and talked for hours. Later in the conversation towards the end however she asked me why I joined the site. I was a bit taken aback because I thought it was assumed why I joined. It's a dating site so I'm looking for dates. I told her I would tell her why the next time I talked to her but I don't know how to answer that question besides saying the obvious. Is she just probing my intention with her or just being iquisitive?

Most Helpful Guy

• mmm.. just don't think anything of it. answer it honestly, that's it man.

What Girls Said 4

• She wants to know why you're not having success by meeting people in person rather than online. Are you too shy to cold approach? Are you easily meeting people in person, but not the quality people you're interested in? Think about why you chose to meet people online rather than in person.

• It's not an either/or but a both/and type thing. I have no problem meeting people in person. I'm also not shy. She also asked me about my past relationships, which I know can be hard to answer.

• Just answer honestly. How do you remember your past relationships? If you got your heart broken, say that. If you two were simply not compatible, say that. Just tell her what she needs to know.

• In my experience a lot of guys go on there for hookups and what not, so just tell her what you are looking for (serious or casual dating or whatever it is you want)

• I don't know whats her intention, but you should tell the truth? I mean, that's like the best thing to do if you actually are considering dating her...

• To meet people outside my social circle

What Guys Said 6

• tell her da truth... there's no need to hide i guess :)

• Just tell her the honest answer, some people join these things just for self esteem, others really are just trying to get laid. Just tell her that you went on the site because youare looking for dates, or maybe there was something a bit more like you are having troubles meeting people in the real world.

• Just say to find my soulmate girls who want serious relationships need to have some magical reason how they met the guy.

• Some people join dating sites for casual dating, others are looking for something more serious or permanent. She is asking what you're looking for pretty much.

• Is Okcupid becoming more popular than Tinder now? I never got into that stuff. Just curious

• To meet women, I guess would be the honest and correct answer