Is it wrong to not want to date someone with kids for these reasons or any other reason at all?

Let me first start off by saying that I don't have children and never plan to have any but here are my reasons for not wanting to date someone with children:

1. I don't want children at all as I just stated.

2. I don't like chchildren, not very good with them. Not everyone can tolerate children and that includes me so it would make no sense to date someone with children.

3. I wanna come first so being that he has a child/children they would always come before me (which they should) but I don't wanna deal with that.

4. I don't wanna help take on responsibility of someone else's child/children and don't wanna have to deal with the child's mother always being in the picture.

5. I just want it to be me and my man only, no kids involved. If he has children, I would have to develop some sort of relationship with the child and I don't want that.

6. If I were to ever change my mind about having children, I wouldn't wanna be with someone who already has a child/children because I wouldn't really love that man's child as much as I would love my own (the one I carried for 9 months and gave birth too/my own blood).

7. I would want us to share that special experience together (having our first child together).

8. Don't want an already made family.

But are my reasons for not wanting someone with children selfish?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not wrong at all. I agree 100% with everything you listed!!!

What Guys Said 2

• As in all things it is your personal choice

• No it's not :o

What Girls Said 4

• I really don't think it's wrong at all. It's your choice.

• Your only 23 so it is understandable. Your reasons are a little selfish but not everyone likes children so I get it.

• its your life, its your choice. i have dated plenty of guys that ended up telling me they didn't like that i had a kid and it wasn't a big deal haha its not for everyone. at least you know what you want!

• No, you aren't being selfish; it's like you said you want to have all those precious moments without the worried responsibility of raising another lady's child.