Online dating sites is stupid and desperate? Only loser for it? Or people who want hookups?

Do you guys think using online dating sites are pathetic? Desperate? I am think about maybe doing it seeing as I can't seem to find any guys who are interested in me. I don't know if it had to do with how I look it if guys are too shy to approach me? Not sure.

Most Helpful Guy

• There's plenty of us good ones on there too.

A bit like in real life, really: you have to find the good ones hidden amongst the bad.

What Guys Said 11

• Its hard to find good quality people no matter where you look for them. Online offers more options but people are ruder and more offensive with the safety of a computer. It is a lot of people wanting to hookup and nothing more. Most guys are shy in real life but will be the exact opposite online and thats not always a good thing.

• I used to think it's stupid and desperate. And while I never used a dating site I think it can be good for people who just don't have time to go out looking for a mate. You do it during your leisure time and set up things when you can.

• i dont think its desperate. its a good route for women to take, because you get flooded with hundreds of male suitors... your inbox will get flooded, trust me. But a lot of the guys who flood you box won't be worth much consideration either, so you have to learn how to filter out the bad and leave the good

• If you're a nice person they might just be too shy. I'm guessing a lot are all of those things but some may be on it because they have incredibly busy lives but probably not most.

• I bet you only want the good looking guys to message you and ignore the guy that are not good looking cause of their looks. It has been proven most women regardless if she is good looking or not ignore non good looking guys. the huge majority of the time. Online dating is a waste of time for non good looking guys but it is great for women regardless how they look like.

• I am not really picky on looks. I like them to have personality. I get told a lot I don't choose cute guys by people and could do better with their look. But I think personality is better than looks. I don't want to date a jerk just cause he is cute and I don't like them to be bad boys. I am very old fashioned.

• Eh hot guys can be jerks 😒

I always wait for someone to talk to me lol

• @tL1633 it seems many women don't care that most hot guys are jerks lol.

• Some people have found love on these sites, they're not all bad.

• I think of them more as a form of entertainment.. Just something to do when I have nothing else

• Its for the..

Shy
    Insecure
    Hook ups
    Sex Trafficker
    Foreveralone

And the no life 😕

• Are you a dude?

• ONLINE DATING WILL BE JUST AS HARD

• no I don't think it is pathetic, people are often shy for this kind of stuff, on a dating site, they are not so it gives better results... i think but i never used that

What Girls Said 5

• I have tried it once on tinder in January, and it actually did me some good when I thought this was all a joke. I wasn't really looking for someone to date, but I did. I've been dating that person for a half a year now but we actually live like a hour away for each other so I kinda had an advantage. anyway, my point is that you will never know if you don't try right? life is about taking risks & chances because on some outcome it could be the best thing you have ever experienced. but just remember there is someone out there for you, its whether you see it or not.

• Definitely do not think it is for anything you described. Most of my friends have used different services and it has simply been because we do not have the time to go out and meet people. We're all highly educated (doctorates) young professionals that are too busy/old to go out and when we do it is hard to find people that we could seriously date. I have found free sites like Plenty of Fish, Ok Cupid and Tinder are better for hookups, and sites that charge a fee like Match are better for finding people at a more serious stage of life looking for a real relationship.

• No. I'm actually considering online dating sites now (after terrible relationships) because you can be more precise with what you want and you can basically pick and choose the guys. It'd filter out the guys who don't have the same goals and interests as me. It makes it a lot easier. I feel more sophisticated men who have their lives on track use dating sites too, when they know they're actually ready for a relationship.

I can see why you think only desperate people go on dating sites but that's ignorant, not everyone is desperate on there. There are dating sites just for professionals, they probably don't have problems finding dates, but they're using a site to save them time and find someone they're compatible with.

I think you should give it a try. There are some free ones so why not? You may find prince charming!

• Did say I think it was asking if people thought it was cause a lot of friends say they think it is a waste and stupid... I was wondering what it's about and if people have tried t and liked it cause then I hear a lot of things about just hook ups. This is why I asked to get knowledge.

• I personally think they are a waste of time and money

• A little bit of everything.