Is it true that if a guy stops thinking about getting a girlfriend and stops asking women out, he'll get one?

I. e. He stops looking. He never asks women out and just concentrates on meeting new people through different activities.

• True
  • False

Most Helpful Guy

• My older brother is 40. He works a lot. Works out at the gym and reads books. He never really engages women anymore because he is so busy. He is single, not married and no kids.

If you don't talk to women, you can't get any. I know men in their late 20s who are successful, good looking, but are afraid to talk to women. As a result, they are still virgins.

• Talking to women doesn't always help though. That can get guys friend zoned.

• Have you met all these women online?

• not all

What Girls Said 2

• How about trying to do a little bit of both?

• sometimes.

• But then If he never asks women out how will he find anyone? Women don't just fall in men's arms from thin air.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes and no, in my opinion if you obsess about it women can tell. But if you don't at least TRY to talk to girls nothing will ever happen. You should just stop obsessing and go with the flow.

• Talking does nothing. Don't you actually have to ask out so you can date and get to know them?

• In my opinion, do not look at EVERY girl as a potential girlfriend. Just strike up a conversation, and if you like her, ask for her number. If you don't get a good vibe just find a new girl.

• That makes more sense.

• yes... when we want sth desperately... we'll never get it 8)

• . Don't you actually have to ask out so you can date and get to know them when you do find someone?

• wot if da gal makes da 1st move?

• Unlikely.

• No, this doesn't work for guys. Society is incredibly sexist, and expects the guy to constantly make the first move and ask women out. Girls almost never ask guys out, so if a guy stops trying, he probably won't get a girlfriend. It sucks, I know.

• So much for feminism.

• it really feels like a god damn paradox, of basically, how to be assertive and avoid being needy, clingy, desperate.