Could you date someone with scars from their past?

I have scars from when I was about 12, I went through some depression but I'm alright now, looking back at this makes me very self conscious.
I refuse to get intimate with the lights on because of the way my legs look,
But would you still date or love someone with scars?

Most Helpful Guy

• I could, after all we all have scars from the past whether they be emotional or physical, plus I've been in that dark life sucking hole known as depression I know how hard it is.

What Guys Said 5

• Absolutely. I had kind of the same issue, so I know that feeling. I'm just glad you survived your depression :)

• Yes I'd kiss them and tell her she is perfect scars and all. I would only say I wish I could helped her when she was depressed. I would tell her she didn't to deserve to feel so bad as to hurt herself.

• I definitely would date someone like you. As long as she's better now I don't consider it a problem at all. My scars are from surgery but they're all over my back and ribs

• I think that most guys will look beyond surface things to the real person underneath.

• The past is the past. I'd have no problem loving someone who has self harm scars

What Girls Said 4

• Everyone has scars. Maybe not physical ones such as these.. I have a few scars on my arms and I have done a lot of skin care to lessen the look of them. They are only noticeable in certain lighting... What I have learned is that a guy who truly cares about you will try to understand your past and he will overlook this. He'll view it as a piece of your life that made you the beautiful individual you are today. Don't stress about it too much.

• I still would!

• I would. To start off with, it's only physical. It shouldn't matter too much to begin with. And if you're okay and healthy now, what those scars would tell me is that you were strong enough to overcome a dark time in your life. I would date someone with scars, no hesitation.

• No problem for me.
    I wouldn't NOT date someone because of a history of mental illness, self harm, addiction, etc, because recovery is what counts. It takes a very brave and self aware individual to recognize that they have a problem and overcome it. I'm one of those people myself so I find that I connect more with them.

Don't turn the lights off. If you're intimate with a guy, he can either accept you or fuck off.