I'm sick of dating? Has anyone ever felt this way?

Has anyone ever felt this way? I guess when I date someone I want it to last, something long term but it always never works out. Now I feel it's forced, or playing games. I just feel tired of it. I guess I keep meeting people that can't commit or be loyal. I'm just tired of starting over, anyone ever felt like this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I always find when you take a step back and focus on your happiness alone is when the right guy comes along. It always seems to happen when you're not looking for it.

I took a break from dating for nearly a year, and when I least expected it HE came along, by that time I knew what I wanted, I had boundaries set on what I would and would not be able to accept or tolerate, knew all my deal breakers and HE was everything I ever wanted and more, as loyal as they can get and treats me like I'm a precious gem.

• I'm Happy for you :)

• Thank you, just goes to show there's light at the end of the tunnel even after a string of crappy boyfriends lol

What Guys Said 19

• Yes, that's why I'm practically a monk in isolation most of the time.

If you're seeking people just for the sake of dating, you're already trying too hard and going in for the completely wrong reasons. That's what you're discovering now. Attraction is an organic connection between two people who walk similar paths in life and share similar values. The best love grows over time, not because an algorithm determines that you'd be a great match.

• I'm in the exact opposite boat, I'm actually sick of being single. Don't get me wrong, being single and not dating does have its benefits, but it gets old after awhile. I've never never had a girlfriend or had sex. I've only been on ONE date in my life (and she told me to be "friends" after that.) I've had countless rejections too.

But I see your point of view here, although I'm not looking for anything serious or long-term.

• I'm not sick of it, it's just hard finding a women that is similar to myself and wants what I want, and I only ask out those that I see as marriage material because marriage and a family is one of the few reasons why I court in the first place. Of course it does help that my last relationship was really serious and ended very painfully so I haven't fully recovered from that.

• QUESTION!
    Why did you start dating in the first place?

• Sometimes we all feel like that but something keeps bringing us back I suppose most of us want a partner.

• Lol quite the opposite I want to get back into the dating world, it's been 5 years since my last relationship.

• You have no idea.

Its that society places so much desire/positivity on a purely sexual relationship vs one that is a long term loving emotional kind.

Its what I keep saying on here, its the hookup culture slowly destroying the idea of a romantic relationship

• Well at the very least you should take some time off of trying to date if this is how you feel about dating right now.

• Sometime I feel this way too.

• That's why sex workers are a god send!

• Yeah. I can understand. I would prefer to be in a serious relationship instead of trying to get a date only to be led to rejection or nothing. It getting frustrating.

• are you sure that you are not that problem? Have you tried taking classes on communication?

• I can communicate. My relationships last 1 year to 4 years. I don't think I'm the problem.

• okay.. judging me thanks.

• Hey, you asked for an opinion and I gave it to you

• I've never dated. I've had crushes on too many fakes

• i say this often, dating/relationships are too mainstream

• familiar question lol

• you are failed about relationships like me. Don't forget relationships suck

• Time for u to get married. And yes.

• I feel that way sometimes, but I think it's exciting to start dating someone new. All the possibilities...

• Yep. Sick of it. People are so selfish and trashy today. I've stopped dating, stopped having sex, and I'm just focusing on business now. It's the only thing worth giving half of a fuck about.

What Girls Said 6

• I will only date those whom I think could possibly be marriage material. I hate wasting my time and feelings on something temporary.

• I feel like this too, girl.

• I feel that way now!

• Didn't I all ready answer this? :/

• I feel the same. Let's get marry ^^

• Yes, many times. I actually took a years break from all that. I called it dating myself.

• Haha I love this. I should do that

• Its a great time to reflect and work on yourself. I took myself on some seriously good dates too!