Are my standards unreasonable?

My ideal girl:
1. Petite (at most 5'0, 4'10 would be better).

2. Not cheap or broke (I'm not stingy, I want to pay for as many dates as you or more but I expect you to return the favor. As in 50/50)

3. Knows how to handle her alcohol and not get addicted to it.

4. Feminine and submissive (I don't want a tomboy).

5. Doesn't like cheap dates.

6. Compliments me and notices when I wear my hair different.

7. Nicely dressed.

8. Respectful.

9. Can't be older than 23.

• Yes, you're asking for too much.
  • No, you're not.
  • See answers

Most Helpful Girl

• You described me lmao. So I voted B

What Girls Said 32

• 4'10" is reaaalllly short. I have only ever met one person in my entire life who is over 16 and under 5'. I really think your standards are a little too precise, especially as the shorter you are, the lower your body weight, leading to direct contradiction with no. 3, as you will be less likely to be able to handle alcohol.

Basically, you're looking for someone insanely short, rich, and basically perfect (I assume you want her to be pretty). I hope you're at least an 8 because otherwise, it might be a little difficult.

• Only 4% of women aged 18-24 in the 70s were under 5'. Seeing as the human population as a whole has increased in height since then, probably only about 2-3% of women nowadays are under 5'.

• Here's my two cents:
    1- I understand that you have preferences, we all do. Just don't limit yourself to the physical or you might miss out. Hope for petite, but keep an open mind. If a woman has the inner qualities you're looking for, don't rule her out just because she's taller than you prefer. my husband is actually shorter than me. It bothered me for about 5 minutes when we were dating, just because the height difference felt weird at first (I'd always dated tall guys, it just worked out that way). But honestly, I was so attracted to him in the beginning, I didn't even notice that difference right away, & when it did hit me, the awkward feeling was fleeting at best.
    2- If you expect to attract a feminine, submissive woman (who's not a mouse) you'd better be ready to treat her like a queen. That includes paying for dates. Now if she offers to pay or go half, you can accept, but don't expect that. Otherwise, let her know you want to take care of her. Make her feel special.
    3- If she's going to drink you definitely don't want her to have addiction or over-indulgence issues, but what's wrong with her not drinking alcohol at all? Or if she has problems with it & knows it & therefore chooses to abstain- that would also be a good thing (though a bit more cautionary because you'd want to be observant throughout the relationship to be sure she's not just showing one side to you and secretly indulging on the side) .
    5- What's wrong with cheap dates? The focus should be on having fun together, not the bill. Sometimes the most fun things & the best opportunities to really get to know each other cost very little. Just be creative & focus on what would be enjoyable for both of you- don't get hung up on cost: determine the value by quality, not dollar signs. And if you can find a woman who does that & appreciates you doing that, I guarantee you'll be happier long term.
    9- of course, your age may be a factor for this one, but first instinct is don't limit yourself to a certain age. People mature at wildly different rates- you might find a very immature 40 year old, and a highly mature 20 year old. Don't be superficial- look for the qualities you want in a woman, those are the things that matter regardless of her age. And watch for a high emotional quotient if you want to avoid excessive drama in your life. :)

• I guess she's like a specific car 🚗 you would to order. She will prolly leave in two weeks after finding how predictable and unspontaneous you are.

• How do you conclude a lack of spontaneity from what I find appealing in a girl?

• How? I have a friend who was married to a man who would make all these stupid rules for her like you listed in your criteria in your question. She put up with him for five years before divorcing him. To me, that is someone who is uptight and too idealistic. It is silly and unrealistic. I mean you might as well get a mail order bride who could conform to your 'list' and hopefully she doesn't oppose any of it but just keep her mouth shut.

• Oh okay. I asked this mainly out of curiosity about what people would think of a guy having such preferences, particularly for extreme height.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1491689-are-my-standards-unreasonable

• I wouldn't say you're asking for too much. The height thing, yeah probably. You're severely limiting your dating pool since there aren't too many women who are 5' and under. It would be like me saying I only want to date guys who are taller than me - I'm 6'1" so there aren't too many of them, lol.

The submissive thing makes you sound a bit controlling. Submissive in what way? Bedroom wise? That's fine. Or in general so you can control her life/make decisions for her or be like a Christian Gray type of guy? That's asking for A LOT.

Number 5 - cheap or free dates are usually the best kind! That's fine though. Make sure she is not just dating you because you take her to expensive placed. (Gold digger)

The other preferences aren't hard to come by at all. Though if I was single, you and I would not be a match simply based on the first point alone, and the total submissive/not a tomboy thing (though I am still feminine!)

• You sound a little... Controlling.

• But I guess it's okay. But what happens when she turns 24?

• I'm 5'2" and 99 lbs

• nope, i mean it is narrowing things down but ur entitled to preferences. i do advise that u keep an open mind, at least with some of these things =]

• I think there could definitely be a girl like that out there for you, but you are definitely picky lol

• not unreasonable... but just your preference...

• no, they seem pretty general and open
    #1 might be slightly harder to find though

• It doesn't sound like too much as long as you're open minded and can alter it a little especially the height thing but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't mind if she fits everything but the height since that's how love works. And just saying, there are many types of tomboys and they can be submissive and girly (dresses like a girl but acts like a guy or vice versa) too.

• your standards are just your preferences so no they are not unreasonable.

but you sound controlling and not someone I would ever date

• I don't mean completely submissive, you'd still have your own life, friends, job and so on.

• i just think a relationship is all about balance. if the man is too dominant it would make me uncomfortable. the man can be dominant in some areas, as long as I can be dominant in other areas.

• Sounds a lot like me except Im 5'2

• I don't think those standards are completely unrealistic. The chances of meeting a girl in person with those very specific traits are slim though. I suggest you go on a dating site.

• What you're asking for isn't unreasonable. However, not many women are that short, so you may have a tough time finding a woman with that height and all of those characteristics.

• i think u r short...

• A guess or you read my comment and agree 5'7 is short?

• yeah.. at least 5 10'' or 5 11'' everyone has his or her own prefrences..

• Yours isn't going to be a problem, half of all guys would be that height or more.

• The height thing probably since I only know one girl who is about 4 foot ten but just keep an open mind

• Pretty sure this is based on that one question from that one girl...

• Indeed. People don't seem as put out by a guy having a ridiculous height preference though, which I think's interesting.

• The average woman is 5'4, so you might have some issues finding a girl who's 4'10 (not too many are).

Other than that, you're good

• You could find one if you look hard enough

• I find no 4&9 are really disturbing.

• The age preference? I'm only 21.

• I don't think you should focus on specific things in a girl. Especially her height, or that she be "submissive". Care about a person, not just her criterion.

• It's personal preferances. Maybe they're many but it's still your choice.

• I dont think you're asking for too much

• Sounds as though you want a short, traditional girl who won't end up becoming an alcoholic. Pretty reasonable.

• Yeah, that's a little too much to as for.

• I fit all those criteria *flips hair*

I dont think you are asking too much.. you just want the typical submissive, smaller and classy girly girl. Though, i do think you should keep an open mind. The one you could fall head over heels inlove with given the chance can be the one who doesn't mean all of your criteria.

• Whatever you want, man.

• How tall are you?

• I literally just saw this, where it was a girl asking. Are you trying to prove a point?

• I'm surprised more people have noticed that, that question got quite few answers I would a few more of these answerers would have seen it.

Not a specific point as such, but to see how people react to it, particularly the extreme height preference. I think people have been less judgmental about a guy having such limiting preferences then people were on her question.

• lol. this is like how one personalizes a burger or burrito. anyways, i don't think your standards are unreasonable. you want a young, petite, attractive, fashionable, submissive girl. kind of doesn't sound like a person, but you are definitely entitled to your preferences.

• I care about personality too, that's just harder to describe.

• More from Girls
    2

What Guys Said 29

• and if she turns 24, will u throw her away? LOL

• These are my current standards, when I'm older I'll date older girls (just not older than me).

• If u get her when she's young she's always that age

• I think out of all of these things, the height is the most limiting... that is quite small and many women are not in the that range, in fact by far most are taller than that. Not that you don't have the right to want that, just as I usually date 5'7 and up (but that is not a standard for me) I just think you are limiting your dating pool too much, but the rest all seem normal, easy to find. good luck finding a girl that small that can handle more than 2 drinks though lol

• AHAHAJAHSHSBS!
    Yes. I think your point has been proven.

Look... i know what you're trying to do here but that's a little unspoken law of society. If you speak it , you become an outcast.

I'm interested in your findings so far.
    PM me.

• I take it you saw this question: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1491689-are-my-standards-unreasonable

People don't seem to be as bothered by me having an equaling extreme height requirement, I don't think I've proven anything as such. You can see the poll results and opinions, there are no other findings as such.

• Awwe shame.
      It's nice to see social interaction theories in action.
      It's all so exciting isn't it?

Confirming what we think we know lol

• (1.) Unless you're really short, I don't see why she must be that short. There are many, many great women over that height. It shouldn't be a determine factor.
    (2.) Reasonable
    (3.) Reasonable
    (4.) While this is understandable, you can find a great girl that has tomboy qualities, don't discredit her for that.
    (5.) Cheap dates can be fun! Trampoline warehouses and go karts are cheap but can be the most enjoyable. Besides an expensive date as the first one might scare her off.
    (6.) Why would you care if a girl notices if your hair is different? LOL. Other than that, reasonable.
    (7.) Reasonable
    (8.) Reasonable
    (9.) Reasonable

• Yeah I bet you take all the girls on cheap dates.

• ... though I don't know if you have taken any on dates..

• @jerseyboy1234 I've taken girls on both cheap and expensive. While the expensive ones were nice, the cheap ones had the best experiences. What matters is how much fun you have on the date and how much time you get to know each other. An expensive date with no fun or closeness is a date wasted.

• The 6th one is pretty gay dude...

• I want her to pay attention to me. Girls are good at noticing that type of thing, so if she doesn't something's wrong.

• Ah, I see. So that's your way if making sure you're still in her center of "physical attention" so to speak.

• Lol I see what you're doing. It's funny seeing people's reaction when you change the gender.

• You want what you want go get it mother fucker.

• Yes, you're asking for too much

• What in particular?

• Nothing at all and don't mind my black ass since I just copy/pasted a "polled" reply form your question thingy.

• height is a bit too much.
    #4 lol, yeah right...

rest is pretty normal.
    I personally prefer tomboys, they are more into action, games and fun.
    Girly.. eh...

• Ahahahahahah you are taking revenge?

• Revenge?

• There was a female gager who had posted this same question the way you have...

• Oh right. Then sort of, this was asked because of that, but not as 'revenge' or any hostile way, just out of curiosity. People seem less bothered by a guy having an extreme height requirement then they did with her.

• Other than the petite girl raging only up to 5 ft everything else seems ok

• What's wrong with that?

• Yeah and the age thing? I don't really know how old you are to really determine it

• Oh she can be under 4'10, 4'10 is just perfect.

• lol I remember the girl version of this question it made me cry haha

• eh not really

• not really, except maybe the height and age requirements

• The height thing maybe... but everything else doesn't seem too absurd.

• I assume this is a guy version of the one that girl posted?

• I know exactly which question you're referencing. Nice experiment by the way

• It took a while for people to notice that...

• #3 is unreasonably

• I don't want a teetotaler or an alcoholic, how is that unreasonable?

• It is nice to have a list, but you need to be flexible. Also what is wrong with cheap dates? Some of the best dates I have had is where he or I have cooked at home and had dinner/ dancing under the stars. Very romantic!

• personally i say ditch short girls... go for 5'6 or so.

• That is way to vain and specific.

• Apart from the height thing no.

• I lold hard at #5, I'm sure you will have no trouble with that lol

• the average height for women on Guatemala is around 4'11-5'2

• Seriously?

• yea I'm from there and my mom is barely like 5'0-5'1 my sister is 4'10

• not if ur 5 2

• Nothing wrong in my opinion. your life your wish😊

• You forgot "she must be able to tolerate a "douchebag"

• Almost completely opposite of my standards.
    My ideal girl is:

1. Tall, athletic/fit (toned, but not overly muscular).
    2. It doesn't matter.
    3. I don't like addicts (alcoholics, smokers etc).
    4. Dominant and sporty (I like tomboyish girls).
    5. Doesn't care about the luxury.
    6. Irrelevant, I'm not some "dandy dude"
    7. Dressed casual and/or sporty
    8. Assertive and self-confident
    9. 18-39.

• You're obviously setting the bar way higher than you can jump yourself.
    Are you 100% sure you're a guy?

• What do you mean? I don't met those criteria, but girls wouldn't expect a guy to be that short or want a submissive guy, so what do you mean?

"Are you 100% sure you're a guy?" Pretty much, functional sperm and what not.

• Just forget it.
      I changed my opinion.