He now has two numbers all of a sudden.. Should I be worried?

Hey everyone,

I'm seeing this guy I am quite into him and we have been basically seeing how things go for the last few months.

Anyways about two weeks ago we arranged to meet up, I told him to text me if he needed to contact me and hallway through my journey I recieved a text from an unknown number. I opened the text and it said his name at the start. I wondered who's number he was texting me from and found it weird that we had spoken throughout the day via his main number, then all of a sudden he's using another number to contact me. Within no time I completely forgot about it and didn't mention it when we met up.

Last week the same thing happened except he called me from this mysterious number. Right there and then I asked him who's number it was, he said '' i thought you had this number? This is the number I'm going to use once I cut off my other line ". I said I didn't have this number since he didn't directly give it to me. I get that people have more than one phone for various reasons. I just find it odd that this new number has appeared with no mention of him having a phone stalker or anything. Like why is he taking time to consider cutting off his main number?

Should I be worried Or am I overreacting?

Most Helpful Girl

• its kinda shady tbh

• Thanks. so if he was up to something dodgy why would he start contacting me on this mysterious number?

• That's true. Argh this is bugging me

• yeah that's confusing

What Guys Said 2

• maybe yeah... having 2 # might mean he's hiding sth :)

• unless his prime # doesn't work... he has no other excuses :)

• I would be worried, I think it is dodgy to have more than one personal number

• Maybe it is not you he is hiding phone from

• Very true

What Girls Said 2

• Hahaha Either he has a wife or he is a huge whore and needs to keep track of all the gullible women in his life.

• I hope not! But surely he can do this via one phone though?

• Maybe he has two phones?

• He does have two phones. I noticed this last week, there was a point where he checked them one after the other.

• Maybe but it's never been mentioned before. I've only ever seen him with one phone and I've known him for almost 7 months.

• You need to ask him about it, don't let it bug you until you know.