Can my matobolism slow down at 23 years old?

Latley i feel chubby than usual but i really skinny but not like before...
Not sure if it my digestion problem or my matobolism,... i can't poop not diagest food and i get loads of gas created in my tummy... I do take loads of fiber in my diet.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your metabolism is affected by a lot more than just age. Stress, lack of sleep, hormones, and a ton of other factors can affect whether your metabolism slows down, stays the same, or speeds up. Try not to worry about it. Your body is probably just going through a temporary change to accommodate the current events in your lifestyle.

• Usually im really skinny,... but not sure if it my digestion problem either, like im 110 lbs but m'y thighs are so Heavy That i can't fit into my skinny jean like before... do u get what i mean?

• Thanks for MHO! Yeah, I understand what you mean. Give it a few weeks and see if anything changes. Like I said earlier, it's probably just your body naturally adjusting to the current events in your life.

What Guys Said 7

• Yes. Age is not the only thing to slow down metabolism.

• hahahah no... i'm 23 and my meta's great yayyyyyy

• Yes exercise, sleep enough and eat healthy. Don't do drugs or drink, and don't get stressed out, and you will look good well into your 30s. Most women DO NOT look good past 25 (In north america) because their lifestyle is so toxic. The ones who live the right lifestyle just get better looking with age. It's all about lifestyle.

• It'll slow down. When I was a teenager I'd eat pizzas. PIZZAS. and I was scrawny. Now I can't eat pizzas anymore lol, my metabolism is still pretty quick, but only because of being active and working out.

• your metabolism can change around that age so that you gain fat more easy than usual.

• just if you exercise

• Yes, that's possible. I started gaining weight at age 21, so I had to cut back on my eating habits. In my teens, I could eat anything all day long, and I wouldn't gain a pound. In my adult years, that was no longer the case.

What Girls Said 5

• Maybe, but maybe you're stressed more than usual. I just read in a magazine (psychology magazine, so not some sort of dull woman's magazine) that stress is a really high influence on body fat. Especially around the stomach area.

• Yes that is due to stress causing the hypothalamus to secrete CRH, which causes the anterior pituitary gland to release corticotropin, which stimulates the adrenal glands to release cortisol, which increases blood glucose levels, causes high blood pressure, suppresses the immune system, and initiates a cascade of metabolic pathways causing fat to be stored around the vital organs, which is a survival mechanism, because the vital organs need to be protected and insulated from threats and need a close-by source of stored energy.

• @Ilovemilfs sorry, it just kinda felt like you gave criticism on my opinion, but that wasn't your purpose ofcourse.

• that's alright I understand :) It's hard to know the context of a conversation using only strings of letters, interpretive contextual ambiguity almost always ensues in the absence of reading a person's vocal tone/dynamics or body language. Go eat some almonds or something :)

• *metabolism

Yes, it can.
    It hasn't happened to me yet though.

• Sure.
    The older you get the slower your metabolism is.

• Usually i would eat whatever i want but not sure if its digestion problem or my matobolism,... lately i can't poop nor diagest my food... a i get bloated with gas...

I take loads of fiber in my diets though...

• Your metabolism can slow down at anytime

• i guess so, but you could also speed it up with more sleep, better food, and less stress