Young Girls, am I going to have to wait on dating until I'm a lot older?

I was recently diagnosed with a condition of the scalp which causes me to lose hair diffusely, my only option is to shave it bald, skinhead bald like pitbull. Now this is a huge blow to me because I'm only 19 and I've never even had a legitimate girlfriend. I have high standards I can admit but it's something I take very serious and in the end only need one. So before anyone calls someone shallow for not wanting to date someone with no hair, I just want to say I believe you have to be very attracted to your partner for it work and to keep interest. My standards are set and won't change. But from everything I've read on sites for guys like me who lost hair super young they all say attractive young women under 30 are repelled by a bald guy, they may be nice but very rarely will a girl 18-24 range or even to 30 who looks good will be attracted to a bald man. That we have to wait until mid 30's of we want a chance with any decent girls. (Please kep in mind this is all what they said, but I feel like it's kinda true too given how much hair is praised by young women) so girls does this mean I'll most likely have to wait given no hair and my standards or are these guys just some sad pity party group and can young bald guys be attractive? Give personal opinions of if you find bald guys attractive or if you could be in something serious with a bald guy.

• I'd say most young women would not be open to dating a bald guy
    40% (8)
  • I don't think it's that big of an issue for most young women, and that they could find a bald guy attractive and date him
    60% (12)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

10

Most Helpful Girl

• It's what's inside that matters. I am a girl that has a disease that has left me with metal braces from my hips to ankles. I am known by most as robocop, and I am comfortable with myself that way. I am sure there will be plenty of girls out there that will love you for exactly who you are... hair or no hair.

• thank you for MHO. :-)

What Girls Said 9

• People get used to anything. If everyone was suddenly bald we'd be used to it. You could date bald women fall in love smd it wouldn't matter. I'm sure you'll meet women who don't mind but it'd probably be nicer to be with someone who really was cool with it. Also if you're so against bald women I think you're always going to secretly feel disgusted by your own head. Better to get used to the idea bald can be beautiful instead of rejecting yourself and looking for someone not like you. Not saying you can't date women with hair but I'd be more open to bald women it'll help you over your hang up. I agree attraction is important but attraction is a hell of a lot more fluid than we think.

• Bald women? I never said anything about that and truthfully I wouldn't mind it, even is she had to wear a wig or something to make herself feel better. To me there are two major factors in physical attractiveness. Face, which sucks because nobody can do anything about their face really. And if they are slender, I take care of myself and workout in not attracted to excess weight. So skinny and good face=dreamboat to me haha, no I never said anything about bald women. And honestly could get past it if I found her attractive otherwise

• Sorry I don't know why I thought you mentioned it. And it's true some women look amazing g staged heads.

I think if you take care of yourself it should be fi e. Thing about not having hair is if you're in shape it emphasizes your good features brings out your eyes and various angles if your face. I've seen people date young people without hair. Personality and being in shape are I I mist important things. If my bc shaved his head I'd still find him hit. What I don't like is short hair I don't know it's too boxy. I like long or buzz cut or bald--just not the square hair cuts a lot of men have. Just makes me feel confined lol

• I dated a guy who was 20 and balding. The reason I broke up with him was because he was a psycho, not because he was bald.

• I've seen handsome bald guys.

• @Azara says it perfectly. People have a range of what's attractive and interesting, and baldness can really suit some guys.

• There's nothing wrong with being bald, if you're a good looking young guy. If you're an ugly mess, then the presence (or absence) of hair won't affect anything.
    Also, I'm sorry I accidentally voted option A, so ignore my vote.

• Haha this is the newest comment and I remenered how many votes each had before so when I read your comment I was baffled at first another one was A, it's alright and thanks for the positive comment, I was never out of shape but since this started working out pretty regularly and that helps some and most everyone has told me my face and headshape work pretty well with it so hopefully I do really pull it off.

• Most girls, regardless of age, are focused on a guy's personality as opposed to his appearance. I know a lot of bald guys with girls. As a matter of fact, I LOVE bald guys!

• You'll find the right person, don't give up.

• I wouldn't care if he was balled.

• I have no problem with it, and I think that the majority agrees with me