Girls, should I just be forward?

I've never asked a girl out before, so there, that's out there. Well that's not true... There was the one girl who led me on then just stopped talking to me cuz she got back with her ex three days before the date lol... I'm sad on the inside lol
Anyway I like this girl but I don't know how she feels back. She was attracted to me and we did click when we hung out (our mutual friends confirmed there was attraction), but out of nowhere she stopped responding to me as much, for the most part when she does it is still friendly...
I asked her if she'd like to hangout, and she said this weekend might be bad, but she seemed sorta interested, but I don't know it feels like I'm losing her?
So what do you think?
I kinda want to just text her, "hey, I'm gonna be honest with you, I like you and I'd like a chance to know you better, so I'd like to go on a date with you."
as another note my other friend said that they get the vibe that she enjoys being single... Though not all my friends are in consensus there... If that's the case do I have a shot at all?

We have mutual friends sooo if this goes bad... Lol

3

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say that you should go for it. I don't know the girl, but there is a 50/50 chance that she may be into you. I do suggest being forward though--it's a great way to get results immediately.

• So you don't think that's like putting too much pressure on her then? I do kinda want to just throw it out there, I'm not into all the games and stuff.

• Nah. Boldness is good. Don't do what a lot of guys tend to do and wait. Be "aggressive" and go after what you want.

What Girls Said 2

• Just saying it like that -being direct and leaving the ball in her court? Sounds like a solid plan to me. Good luck!

• You're just asking for a date not her hand in marriage, so just go for it