Girls, How do I know if I been cut off or she's just taking time?

Recently my girlfriend and I got into a fight because I asked what her opinion on love was and she told me she didn't know because she can't love. I felt hurt because she told me she loved me, so I asked why did you tell me that?(all this conversation was over text?) She tried explaining that she doesn't love me, just cares deeply for me. That's when I asked have been hurt badly before and she explained how her childhood was rough. Then she told me she doesn't want to hurt me anymore, when she only hurt me once. I tried texting her back that I still like her and want to continue our relationship, but she hasn't responded

Please answer

4

Most Helpful Girl

• You both are so young! Love comes in many forms and it's not that she can't love, it's that she's afraid to love. This probably has a lot to do with her childhood and how it formed her opinion on what love is.
    Be patient with her, be her friend! Talk to her about this in person!
    This is important! Do NOT discuss important matters over text!!! Seriously, just don't do it! You will miscommunicate yourself and misread everything the other person texts you. If it's important, be respectful, pick up the phone, and actually talk to the person! If this is too scary, then you shouldn't be in a relationship with them. If you spend more time texting than actual face to face contact with a person than what you have is not a relationship, it's a glorified pen pal.

What Girls Said 3

• I think she believes that she can't love but there is always someone out in the world who has that ability to change those thoughts.. It seems as though this time you weren't that one, so I'd advise you to go and find your one who can love you as much as you love them. You don't need someone in your life who's flaky to the point of telling you they love you and then taking it back. That's not how it's supposed to work..

• Eh I'd dump her, if my boyfriend told me he didn't love me and couldn't "love" that's lame. When I'm with someone, I need all of them and nothing half-way. Get out now while you can.

• Maybe she needs time to cool off