Do you think it is okay for girls to demand to look through their boyfriend's phone? Do you think it is okay for men to keep tabs on their girlfriend?

I see this all the time. Men will attempt to find out where their girlfriend has been all day, especially is they have not replied to texts or whatnot, and many girls demand to look their boyfriend's phone. Do you think this is an okay practice?

I personally do not.

• Yes, this is acceptable.
  • No, it is not acceptable.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's bullshit. My ex never answered his phone, and I later found out had cheated on me, and I still never went through his phone and I would never go through my current guy's phone. I only would if they specifically asked me to answer a phone call or text for them and once I was done I'd put the phone down. What's the point of a relationship without trust?

What Girls Said 13

• If you don't have trust in a relationship then what do you have?
    No one should be demanding anything from their partner.
    To me, that sounds damaging.
    Either you give that person your full trust or you don't.
    You shouldn't have to keep tabs on someone to feel safe and secure in your relationship.
    If you do, then clearly some things not right.

• If they're insecure, sure. I wouldn't do it. The "looking through a person's phone" is a breach of privacy and documenting a woman's exploits throughout the day is simply creepy and possessive to me.

Both people need to grow up or simple NOT be in relationships.

• No, but more than trusting your partner enough to not look through their phone or keep tabs on them, I think what's more important is that you both have the willingness and initiative to share with each other anything and everything to begin with.

• I don't know I feel like it's a little demanding but at the same time I'd have my doubts if he 'd jump every time I pick up his phone

• No, they can ask but not demand

• I think it's petty, but whatever

• If I feel as if they're being sketchy I'd ask them can they show me it.

• ask if they dont let you there are probably hiding something

• if u don't have trust then its not a true relationship

• No, it's not okay. Trust is part of the fundamental pillars of love. Without trust you shouldn't even be in a relationship

• that's grounds for breaking up

• No way. Sounds like a crap relationship.

• I don't think it is!

What Guys Said 7

• I think it's an invasion of privacy, but I don't really care. If it's a true demand, I would probably start looking for an exit strategy because I really don't need to deal with suspicious jealousy like that. But if it's just "hey, can I use your phone?" (Which by the way girls, we know what you're really doing) I don't care that much.

• It shows a total lack of trust and respect on both people. If your so insecure that your trust issues cause you to have to play security guard then get away from that person.

• I think people have a right once after a certain time period of being together I always make sure my girlfriends have access I have nothing to hide. But I don't appreciate it being abused.

• If the trust isn't there, then what's the point?

On top of which, if either of you are working in a decent career path, this kind of thing is totally off limits.

• This is unacceptable behaviour everyone has the right to privacy. If someone checks another person's phone than that person has trust issues and is some sort of control freak.

• Negatory.

Not acceptable

• If there's no trust, there's no point. No.