Have you ever met someone online and it turned out they were a relative or friend of a friend?

This happened with one guy I met. Because i got his phone number he showed up as someone you may know on Facebook and that's when I realized it the same last name as good friend of mine. I poked around and I realized that is definitely related. What would you do?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a super awesome friend I met online and it turns out we have the same last name. Given it's a super common name, but we're related at SOME point XD

• No I checked on Facebook. He isn't friends with my friend, but is friends with a bunch of his relatives

• Maybe they already know but jsut aren't friends? Like I"m not FB friends with a lot of cousins etc... I wouldn't worry about it.

What Guys Said 2

• Only once - but I saw the pictures before sending her a message. I signed up for an online dating site and my ex-wife showed up as my ideal match. It was kind of sad when it happened.

• Yeah, about two or three years ago, I had an online dating account that chose the matches for me. I got matched up with at least eight of my female friends. We had a good laugh over that.

What Girls Said 1

• Oh god... That would be so awkward.