Girls, why do you want guys to pay the bill on a date? Have you ever split the bill/paid it all by yourself?

20

Most Helpful Girl

• If it's a first date then we expect you guys to pay. Some girls would always want their guys to pay on any date and some don't. Like myself, I always ask to split the bills or pay full amount because I want to show that I care. But sadly, my boyfriend never let me pay. I have asked him so many time, but he got mad. I feel sad for not letting me pay because it makes me feel useless. I have planned to pay secretly or before hand without him noticing or his consent, but I am afraid he will be so upset.

What Girls Said 19

• I'm actually more comfortable going dutch. My ex and I would always seriously argue about the bill because he always wanted to pay- like ALWAYS. He was like that for 15 months.

He never let me pay so I'd always just slip my half or the full the thing into his backpack.

• i think whoever asks for the date should do the paying, whether the guy asks or the girl...
    i've paid the bill before, never split one tho

• If I ask someone on a date, it is expected of me to pay for it. If they ask me on the date I ask if they would like to split it. (Friend "dates)
    And if my husband takes me on a date, I use my card since its his paychecks in my bank account anyway. Lol

• I try to pay for at least half or for something my boyfriend doesn't enjoy it because he wants to treat me or get me things but I usually feel bad if I do not contribute because know how important it is to save cash

• I don't like splitting the bill, I'd rather take turns picking up the tab. And yes, I have done both.

• I'm not a fan of my boyfriend always paying. Sometimes I couldn't care less but. most of the time I want to pay my share

• I expect the first 2-3 dates to have him pay, depending on where we stand and how things are going. After that, I offer to split it. And then the next one I offer to pay. Then next time he pays again, etc.

• I always offer to pay half on a date. but if a guy insists on paying it all or tells me to be his guest, then I let him do it. but I always keep it in mind so that he next time we go on a date, I'll pay for whatever it is we are doing.

• That's nice 😊

• I do it this way too, but unless I'm sure there's going to be a second date, I try and insist (if possible) on going dutch the first time -that way there's no chance of a "you led me on" or "you owe me" situation.

• On first dates I usually make a grab for the bill lol. But I like splitting it or paying my part.

• I don't want, they usually insist.
    Though the last few times i've offered to pay for myself.

• I always split the bill. Guys don't usually pay for both parties nowadays. At least for me.

• I think if he asks me out its kind of expected but if i ask him I'll pay. If we were to continue dating then we should either take turns paying or split.

• It's the polite gentlemanly thing to do if he asked you out

Yes I've split it and paid it all

• When did you split it? When you initiated the date?

• When my boyfriend wanted to pay some, our rule is whoever has the money pays

• I don't like the old style "guy pays for the food". I think it's unfair so, I want to split it.

• i always offer to pay my half prior to the date.. if he say yes we go dutch.. if he say no then he pays..

• I think the guy should pay for most of the time. Once you start dating awhile you should take turns or split it

• Why do you say the guy should pay it most of the time?

• lol, you are genuinely dumb 😊

• Thank you anon free rider 😂😂 Hope you get more free food 😂😂

• Because a guy is supposed to be a gentleman and nice and kind to there girl

• Dont you believe in equality?

• Being fair and being a loving and kind gentle man are two different things or u just broke af

• So, the guy loves you if he gives you a free meal. Great.

• my boy never pays lol he's poor

• Don't you go to restaurants on a date? 😂😂

• You didn't get it 😂😂 He can make up for it in some other way 😂😂 Good in bed? 😂😂

• nope

• I've paid before.