Who are more clingy in a relationship, girls or guys?

One of the most often asked question here is girls asked what to do because their dates are ignoring their messages/calls, and guys ask how to handle their dates get mad because they dont want to spend a lot of time on the phone.
I myself also have that problem. So I want to ask, in a relationship, always girls too clingy?

• girls are more clingy
    73% (8)70% (14)71% (22)Vote
  • guys are more clingy
    27% (3)30% (6)29% (9)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
7|7

Most Helpful Girl

• I've always been an independent person... and being single for 20 years really shows it. Every time a guy acts a little too clingy with me... it kind of scares me and freaks me out.

I know that both genders can do that... I think females are a bit more prone to clingyness.. but I know for a fact that guys get that way too.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• 0|0
    0|0
  • I have seen both and am reluctant to pick, but I went with girls just because I think* I have seen more girls do wacky clingy things than guys, but plenty of guys do those too!

0|0
    0|0
    • what wacky clingy things? wacky?

• I guess I mean excessive. Like social media or phone creeping, getting friends to creep on your SO as well. Gusy do these things too but I just happen to know more girls who have done this

• Can be both, but I say guys. You tend to think only a girls clingy, but once a guy finds a girl/guy he really likes, he can either be cool or extremely possessive. Thats when the clingyness shows itself. A girl may SEEM clingy, but just will want more attention from said guy/girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • I truly don't believe that clingyness is a gender thing. Men and women alike each need their reassurances and contact with their partner, although sometimes that does look different.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ehh it can be both but I think the majority tends to be nearer to the women's side.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think in most cases girls are more clingy, but I am much worse lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys are MORE clingy than girls...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• In general I'd say girls are definitely more clingy.

But it varies from person to person. Both my boyfriend and I are clingy, so it works for us.

0|0
    0|0
  • it can be both... i guess it varies from one person to another

0|0
    0|0
  • It really depends, I chose women because we tend to need more emotional reassurance, however there are men who need it just as much, if not more.

0|0
    0|0
  • it can be both, i used to be clingy but now i just chill cause its easier that way and I'm not looking for anything serious

0|0
    0|0
  • Could be both

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's different in every relationship, but from my experience girls are often a bit more clingy, at least when it comes to what you wrote (texting/calling) because men generally tend to spend less time on their phones

0|0
    0|0