My boyfriend refuses to fall asleep with me, why?

We've been together for over a month now, and we've had a large past on top of that. Lately he comes over and we watch movies and will cuddle, and I usually try to let him fall asleep because I know he has a hard time sleeping and I dont mind him sleeping around me. He will say he's super tired or sleepy. I will ask if he wants to go lay down or if he'd rather drive home since I don't want him to get into a car crash. And tonight he was falling asleep and I asked if he wanted to lay down, and he did. He fell asleep for 5 minutes, woke up abruptly and said he wanted to go home. I know for a fact he doesn't need to be home, and that he can stay around me as long as he wants, and could pretty much spend the night if he wanted to. This is like the 4th time he's done it, and I don't know why. Can someone explain? He's always the one who wants to lay down too. I just don't get it.

What Guys Said 1

• Does he use drugs?

• Nope.

• Hmmm... well that can be hidden, but we'll hope he isn't. It just doesn't make any sense, unless he has severe phobias of sleeping anywhere but his own bed. Kind of like how many of us don't sleep as well when in a hotel bed, or a strange bed/house. Still, this too is highly unlikely since he does like being with you, right? Whatever the issue, he clearly is having a time of dealing with it, and he may need help.

What Girls Said 1

• maybe he has something he got while you weren't together he's trying to get rid of before he has sex with you...
    or maybe he's not ready yet... wants to give it some more time...

• I'm not talking sex

• maybe he think it will lead to the sex though...
      sometimes its hard for people you're with to share a bed and not be physical.. not all!!! just some. maybe he's one of those guys