I asked her out and she said no?

I met this girl in a class in college last semester. When the semester was over we stayed in touch, we texted a lot. Last March is asked to to be her date to formal (sorority formal) and I said yes. When I asked her out couple of days ago she said no. She said not becasuse I don't like you but becuase it would not work out. When asked her why she said that we are too different. I thought she was talking about culture and religious differences becuase I grew up in a different place. But she said no I'm talking about personality differences. She said our personalities will clash. I'm confused because what she said doesn't make sense to me. I think she still might have feelings for her ex. I don't know what is happening if anyone has an advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• I know you're confused.

But I wouldn't waste anytime trying to figure out exactly why she said what she said.
    Bottom lines... she isn't interested.

I'd move on.

There's sooo many fish in the sea!

What Girls Said 1

• Sounds like you should let her go.

What Guys Said 3

• Just move on dude and let this one go.

• It's more polite than saying she wants nothing to do with you. You are useful to her as someone she can ask favors from but not as a boyfriend. You should move on.

• she thinks you will lose your friendship if something does not work out later