Do a lot of girls take offense at guys who refuse to date single mothers?

From your experiences, do a lot of girls take offense if they like a guy just to find out he doesn't date a single mother?

I've noticed that the 20's crowd has a huge amount of single mothers out there and this is different from when I was in my 20s. and I thought this would be more of a thing that guys in the 30s+ face. But one place where I work is full of them and I notice that some will go have more kids when they're clearly not able to support the one they have. Sometimes with the same guy and sometimes with a different guy.

Anyone who is 30 can you tell me if you had different experiences with the amount of single parents out there or did I just not go through that age bumping into as many of them?

As a person in their 20s do you see a lot of single parents out there yourself? Would you date one? Under what circumstances (if any)?

As a single parent would you be offended if it was a dealbreaker to a guy?

Most Helpful Guy

• There are a lot of single parents in the USA these days, and while most people who aren't in that category are indifferent to them, some girls take it personally when guys refuse to approach them.

I guess so many girls think that one day they will also be single mothers.

What Girls Said 6

• not at all, i would fully understand that. why should a man join my life and be a daddy to kids who are not his.. it would cause nothing but problems and misunderstandings.. there are many single girls who are free to date... mothers with kids are disadvantage...
    i would never expect other men to want to date me if i had kids and my life devoted to them..

• No not all.. it does hurt like a pinch but its gone in a second... its like a fart in the wind

• I get that guys dont won't to date moms. but it still always throws me when im talking to a guy and its going good. then my kids come up and it just goes cold.

• Not at all

• some girls do.

• I don't know my husband was twenty when we got married and I already had a four year old and he didn't mind so there are men out there and the ones who care are not worth her time and damn way to begin with

What Guys Said 6

• I have been dating a single mother for the last few weeks who is 28 and has an 8 year old daughter. I don't mind. I'm 27.

I guess the only qualm I had initially was whether her Ex Partner would still be in the picture and would he get in the way of our relationship. I have Ex partners myself, but I don't have any children with them. There is no reason for them to be visiting my house to collect the kids or kid on the weekend.

I think if you can eventually learn to love the child and do not find her ex partner is a constant interference then those are two fundamental deal breakers for me.

I would not date a single mother who slept around and kept having kids with different guys. You have to draw a line somewhere.

• Yeah they dont like it they need to date to

• personally i'd find it kinda weird... coz i;m not good wid kids :(

• I wouldn't mind dating a single mother... but I fully understand guys who wouldn't.

• It's a preference right?

• I've received a lot of flack for not wanting to. But I really don't give a shit, it's my choice at the end of the day, heaping shame on me won't change my mind.