Do guys still pick up girls?

I agreed to go out with this guy last night. We were talking about where to go and he says i will meet you at the resturant. I was just like No, no if we are going out you will come pick me up. It took some convinsing but he eventually agreed. Then when the time came he called me from my apartments parking lot saying he was here. I said great i will ready by the time you get up here. About 5 min later he calls me again from his car wondering whats up. I told him im ready just waiting for him... Eventually he got it and came up.

Am i just to old fashioned to expect a guy to come to my door to get me, is it normal to just meet guys someplace?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah we still do. I usually ask my date if she wants to meet at the date location or if she wants a ride. Most of the time my dates have preferred to meet at the location.

I suppose it is old fashioned to get out of the car and go all the way up to a girl's front door, because as a society we are so used to texting and mobile communications that face-to-face interactions is declining.

What Guys Said 5

• It's normal to meet guys someplace for a number of reasons.

A lot of people have gone through online dating for one and it's a safety measure to drive yourself to and from the date. You can read up on any online dating horror story for those.

If you know the guy, it's still helpful as it makes the plans more concrete in a way plus if something comes up, you can easily take off and do what you gotta do. I'd say being picked up on a date would be more for a special occasion like a one year anniversary or something along those lines.

If this was a first date you're easily giving him the impression you've got a "princess complex."

• Of course they do all the time

• No, you are perfect, right, and sound like a sweet girl. Some guys are just clueless nowadays, or are still learning interpersonal skills thanks to the nearly culture-wide addiction to the internet, texting, fb, twitter, and ig. Many are simply not even really Present in their lives, or their physical surroundings/friends/family, much less yours, and they either don't get it, or think it is normal and not a problem.

• thanks, i think the internet and technology has a lot to do with it.

• You're welcome. :) Yes, I am sure of it. It also is affecting people's attention spans, and patience levels. I think we will collectively get 10-20 years down the road and look back and realize what waste of time and life it was, as I can't imagine anyone in their right mind being on their deathbed and saying "you know what (?), I sure wish I had spent less time with friends and family, and more on facebook and texting".

• I wouldn't really say its a bad thing, its just different.

• no... i'm da 21st century boi u know 8)

• If you xook for him then you can balnce it.

What Girls Said 2

• You are very old fashioned my lady!
    But who says that's a bad thing?
    Be careful though , you may be coming off as slightly demanding.

• haha thanks. i can see where that could seem demanding but if he has issues with just that he's not for me...

• they still do!