How to start taking initiative in dating?

Being shy is becoming a problem for me right now that I'm dating a guy who is forward. I don't dare to make plans! I'm scared that he will say no or dislike my idea. I just say yes to everything he offers and let him take the lead but he's been complaining about it and I can feel that we are starting to drift apart a little bit right now. I noticed that if he doesn't text me then it's just quiet, I'm so used to having the guy take the lead all the time but this one wants me to do it too. It's been a while since we talked and my friends said he probably wants me to text him first I feel like I really should or what do you think? I keep thinking that if he wanted to see me then he would text me.. Maybe he's thinking the same or is he not interested? I need someone's perspective on this.

Most Helpful Guy

• Put in the effort he gives you. If he initiates a text initiate one later. This way you're investing what you've gotten. If he says no, it's not the end of the world. Plus he needs to know what you like as well. You can't form chemistry remaining idle. It just doesn't work.

What Guys Said 2

• better start... u know y?

guys might assume u don't like them, if u never nitiate... just say a hi, even this is better than nothing

• " I keep thinking that if he wanted to see me then he would text me.. Maybe he's thinking the same"
    Your answer is in your question think once that what he feel, may be he loss interest on you one day after his ability of waiting is died.
    I always hope for the best. good luck😊

What Girls Said 2

• he's thinking the same thing!

• You absolutely should text him. He is likely a bit insecure as well. Imagine if this guy never made plans with you, you always had to make them, or he never texted you first-- that's what you're doing to this guy so he probably thinks he's trying too hard and you don't really like him. If you want to keep seeing this guy I suggest texting him to talk for a bit and then ask him on a date. It sounds unconventional I know, but if you just say something like "Would you want to go see a movie/go out to dinner with me this weekend/tomorrow etc?" I'm sure he'll be thrilled. Good luck, hope this helps!