Is it that bad that I prefer to not date dark skinned women?

I'm black and all, but I just find other black women unattractive. I'm way more into whites, hispanic women, and light skinned black women but darker than me is too dark. So whats the big deal? I grew up around black women, just never dated one. Don't find them all that attractive: Bottom line.

Let me just clarify: I grew up surrounded by black women, I find few black women attractive (both everyday schoolmates and famous people like Beyonce), I was always told, "You need to date within your race" and still don't. I actually have a preference towards Hispanics specifically.

Now its funny cause I love Hispanic women and my younger brother, who's 14, doesn't care for them. He's seriously into Asians and I can care less. And yes, he's black too and everyone tried teaching him the same.
I treat everyone cool as long as you're nice to me. I just grew up saying "light-skinned/dark-skinned" to tell people apart. It's like I see white kids saying, "Super pale/red face/really tan" to tell each other apart.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're allowed to have your preferences but don't be one of those annoying rude black guys who are mean to dark skin women. It's weird how some of you separate dark skin women and light skin women like we're different races. Where do brown skin women like taraji Hinson fall? Lol anyway just check your attitude and don't be the sellout who's nasty to black women for daring to have a more African phenotype. I say that bc because a lot of black guys who think like you tend to do that and it's unnecessary.

What Girls Said 6

• You can like whoever you want. So long as you aren't putting them down because they aren't you're preference then whatever floats your boat. But of you are one of those guys then... I don't tok much care for your type...

• No one is going to badger you for your pref... BUT you will make another average black woman insecure here about herself darker skin and post another question about Why they are the most undateable.

• It just a preference. No big deal.

• If you want to narrow your own dating pool that hurts no one but you.

• Its not really that narrow if you consider the millions of women that exist.

• I never said I'll never date a black female, just that I dont prefer to.

• And I just said there's no problem with it...

• Its your preference. You're not attracted to them. Just don't bring them down, we've got enough to deal with.

Lol @ im black and all 😂

• Nope, your prerogative.

What Guys Said 11

• Sounds like you're brainwashed by the media and the Western society to believe that lighter is better. I just don't know how someone can deny their own kind. i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-gif-maker_3.gif

• lol, your answer is an exact repeat of an anon guy down below xD. second time I've seen this happen in the last few days

• @Watermelonoma They don't call me the #CopyCatNinja for nothing ya know (-_^#), I once copied @Commiedearest post but unlike most GAGers she caught on/me LOL

• That's you're silly prerogative. But, personally, I've seen some hawt dark skinned women, and I'm not just saying that. I've really seen them. Your loss bruh.

• I don't see a problem

• as long as u RESPECT em.. everything's ok bro

• whatever floats your boat. If you like lighter skinned women, then go for it. I don't pursue black women that much anymore myself, but its not because i think they're unattractive.

• @OP, No it isn't bad of you. Just like it isn't bad if someone else prefers to date dark skin women over light skin women. You like what you like & as cliche & stupid as it sounds.. the heart wants what the heart wants.

• Another one has been lost. On my lost GaG list you are the 105th member :)

• Your profile says younare a transmale, not sure how many women younwill find into that. Perhaps a trans female.

• 0|0
  • Sounds like you're brainwashed by the media and the Western society to believe that lighter is better. I just don't know how someone can deny their own kind.

• You're as asshole!