What should I do I haven't liked a guy in 3.5 years?

Honestly I can't get over this guy I liked years ago. I've tried so many things, i've hooked up with a ton of guys since, been on a ton of dates, I go clubbing and waste my nights away with guys I don't care about to forget about him and it just never works... I am honestly starting to feel like I will never move on.

I can't have him or talk to him he's moved to another city now but even the thought of him still gives me butterflies ugh. Do I need therapy or something?

Most Helpful Guy

• There are lots of people that have not had a partner in 3 or 4 years. I have not had one in 32 years. I think while you are still so attracted to this guy you should keep putting dating on hold. Therapy maybe a good idea, it could very well help you.

What Guys Said 3

• I was in love with a girl for 5 years. We broke up 3 years ago, and i feel like i could never love another girl the same way. It sucks, i have dated other girls also, but never felt anything for them. I am exactly where you are... 😪

• Dang 3.5 years that's a lot.

• Yeah tell me about it...

• So what's the problem?

What Girls Said 4

• I read you said "you messed up the relationship..".

Forgive yourself. I have been there.

Look, if you date a bunch of guys or you don't is nor going to change anything. You need to forgive yourself and find new things to do.

• Time will help and just keep being social.

• Unless you choose to actively move on you'll be stuck in the same place

• There's my problem he was near perfect and I messed up the relationship so I can't find another guy like him. How do I move on from that?

• You could use therapy haha.