Should I stay away from him he has schizophrenia?

he told me he has schizophrenia. He doesn't take his meds like he is suppose to and drinks and does cocaine and smokes weed. He is nice and we have gone on dates but the more i know it makes me want to stay away. I dont know how to let him know i dont want a romantic relationship just friendship at most. i wouldn't mind that he had schizophrenia as much if he took his meds like he is suppose to and wasn't on drugs. Since i know they can lead a normal life if they
I know he likes me and wants something serious but i can't commit to someone who is putting themselves and the people around him in danger. what should i do? i dont know how to bring it up :/

Most Helpful Guy

• Not gonna tell you what to do in your life but in my opinion you should without any questioning, that's better for both of you. but of course your opinion matters more because you know that person and you are the one in that situation so follow your heart and make your decision wisely.

What Guys Said 2

• Well, you are in for a rough ride. Do some research and decide. Schizophrenia is one of the more debilitating psychological conditions, even with medication.

• Tell him he needs to take his meds. If he won't do that, then leave him.

What Girls Said 2

• The cocaine and stuff is really... not something I'm comfortable with. I would try to help, with the addiction and mental illness but I don't know, that is an extremely difficult situation. He is putting himself and others in danger, try to get him to seek help, if you can. I wouldn't be in a committed relationship with him, but I'd try to be a friend and help.

• Save yourself the time and the effort and stay away.