Guys, would you date a girl like me?

Do I sound like a girl you would date? I ask because a lot of guys that I like seem to tell me that I'm not the kind of girl they would ever like. What do you think, do I sound like someone you would like?

About Me: I'm in my late twenties. I have auburn hair and brown eyes. I'm 5'0 and 130 pounds. I was a hockey player and boys pee wee coach; after I contracted a spinal cord disease, I was told that I was to be stuck in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. Despite not having feeling in my legs, I taught myself to walk and I am on the road to recovery. In my spare time I like to write poetry and am fascinated by history. I help tutor children that are homeschooled with history, English , and science. I love to read. My favorite book is the Idiot by Fyodor Dostoevsky, but my favortite author is Jack Kerouac. Though, I take care of my appearence, I love to eat BBQ. (Which Texan doesn't?) I have a habit of singing in the shower, (especially Annie Lennox's "I put a spell on you" or Billy Idol's "Dancing with Myself"). I like to hang out with my veteran buddy Ernie, who lives down the street from me. He served in WW2 and after we share a glass of his "WW2 special", he tells me all about his time overseas. I enjoy doing chairty work and find myself involved with helping other people. I want to get my certification in order to coach wheelchair hockey. Since I was in a wheelchair myself, I have a better understanding of how hard it can be. I want to be able to help inspire kids and show them that they can do anything they put their minds to; including being able to play hockey. I have a pet chameleon named Kuzy after a favorite hockey player of mine. I love watching every sport there is. I use to box and have a black belt in karate. Though I am a sports enthusiast, I can be very girly too. I love to wear my demin skirt and pink top, or my body fitting red dress. I do not drink or smoke. I love trying new things and am very passionate. What do you think, would you date me?

18

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I would date you and would have dated you when I was your age.

Your determination to overcome adversity, your commitment to helping people, your creativity and openness and your combination of intellectual and physical presence marks you as a person of substance and power. I have always been attracted to women who are girlish but durable and I would find your bright, quirky personality hard to resist.

Don’t be worried about whether you are “datable.” I think the best people fall in love as much with our vulnerabilities as our assets. When it comes to human beings, take away weakness and inconsistency and you get an efficient and not particularly interesting machine. I crack up at these entries with titles such as “Build your perfect mate.” If I did, what on earth would she want with me? I am not perfect. And what role would I play in her life if she were entirely self-sufficient?

You sound like a beautiful woman. I hope you find someone who recognizes and appreciates your humanity.

P. S. - I lost your post when we had a power outage and my system was downed. I had to find it again by searching for “Kerouac.” (See how handy individuality is.) I really wanted to comment because I saw you had only a few responses (chefesscofier was good, though). How pathetic. If you had written something really inane like “I masturbate 20 times a day, why does my clit hurt?” you would have gotten a bevy of answers (and offers to help with that)! 

What Guys Said 17

• Absolutely, I would. You have two qualities that a lot of women and men are losing these days. Self-respect and the ability to look past the surface of people and value their true character. It seems like you know yourself very well and you are confident in who you are. I can tell that a relationship to you doesn't mean true happiness instead it is just another dynamic you want to add to your life because you are able to make yourself happy and content. These are qualities of a person who make a great partner. I'd go as far as saying that these qualities should be the prerequisites of any good long lasting relationship. There are guys out there who will appreciate these qualities in you especially because they're becoming increasing rare as the world grows more shallow by the day. I wish you a passionate and purposeful life! (which you already have!)

• Thank you so much for all of your kind words, that made me smile.

• https://youtu.be/tts4IPbyw_c

Is that the type of hockey you play or do you play in an actual wheelchair?
    You sound like a great person. You sound cool as hell.

• Yeah that is the hockey that I play. I was in a wheelchair but am relearning to walk with the help of braces. i hope to get back to it one day.

• I don't think so. I feel terrible saying this, but I couldn't date someone who's disabled. I think it's fair though because personally, if I was disabled, I wouldn't expect an able bodied woman to date me. Women find me revolting now, if I had some disability or deformity if would be even worse.

• You sound like the perfect girl someone exactly I have been looking for... so what if you had a spinal issue... that should not be a thing to let down a personality like yours... your strong passionate and love doing things that people find weird. ... quite honestly I thought I was the only one with interests like these... hell even I have been told by every girl I asked out that im not what they are looking for!!! Keeps going if you want pm me you sound really interesting!!!

• OMG! From what you've written about yourself it'd be heartiest pleasure of a guy to date you. You're so confident, hardworking, determined and optimistic. You've achieved so much at such a young age. I'm not exaggerating but I'm really inspired by your description. So my answer is, 'Yes! I'd love to date you' :-)

• I would but in any case love takes time the right one for you will come around sooner or later. Stay strong and keep doing everything you enjoy.

• I really wouldn't mind dating girl like you... there are lot of guyz in this world who would be willing to date you... you have such a great thinking lots of positivity...

• Depends... your opinion on Ohio State?

• I would, you've already showed dedication, I am big on personality and yours sounds really good

• yes sounds perfect :)

• you wouldn't date me... so no.

• Nah, I don't think so, I'll be honest, I am just too shallow so these first points are dealbreakers.

• can tell till i see you...

• You seem like the perfect match for guys like me, the dominate partner, but I'm 14 with a girlfriend. I hope you find a caring guy like me in the near future so you can live a happy life

• You sound like an awesome young Lady and the prospects of dating you would be great except one thing , with your schedual so full how would you find time to date a guy with any seriousness? I know all the things you mentioned liking can't be fit into a 9:00 - 5:00 lifestyle. That would be
    My only draw back

• You'd be suprised.. there are actually a lot of guys out there who would be willing to date you.

• If I was your age I guess so, there's nothing you've said that makes me think I wouldn't want to anyway.