Would a boy ever date a girl just for social status?

My crush recently asked a senior girl out. It came as a big surprise to me, especially since he had been flirting with me a lot.

The reason I`m skeptical of his feelings is only because he`d never mentioned the girl before(and normally he`d tell me if he liked someone), and also, since he`s dating an older girl, he`s now submitted into the 'popular group'.

I was wondering if a boy would ever ask a girl out just for social status?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1) It's been done before, so there's no reason to investigate further.

2) He is with a girl, another clear indication to move on

3) He is becoming part of the popular group - which usually means he feels "on a pedistal" - another indication (if he is like that) to move on.

So the answer to your question is yes, it's happened many years before we were even born. There is no reason to assume that this is "why he is dating her"; however, it gives you enough information to get a closure state of mind- once you have that, move on.

Best regards,

ArtistBBoy

What Guys Said 1

• Some guys might it just depends on what kind of person they are and it is something you just have to figure out.

What Girls Said 1

• Hmm... it sounds to me like he's trying to make you jealous. Have you ever thought of that possibility? Hope that helps ;D.