How to get over my phobia of online dating?

I tried online dating and I had lots of bad experiences that kept me from trying it again for the next several years. I've had dates stand me up or flake out. She would lie about her appearance by using different photos. And one of them wasn't even a girl at all. And it wears on you when you send out 40 messages and none of them respond. Because of this I gave up on it.

Yet I see and hear about people getting lucky and sometimes finding true love with online dating. What can I do to tear down my prejudice I built against online dating and be more successful?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why not skip online dating and just go outside? Talk to women in real life. It's a lot more fun, and you learn a whole lot more about social skills than you ever could sending messages over the internet.

What Girls Said 4

• don't come across as a creep

• To the people that reply ask if you can facetine them to see if they're them.

• Find yourself a hobby to keep occupied with, live your life, then you will meet someone I guess

• just dont do it. really its not a good idea.

What Guys Said 6

• I would reccomend using premium dating sites when people have to pay they tend to be more serious about it.

• oh well... u have any right bro u believe... OD, r not successful most of times... like no more than 10%

• So to go sure that a girl is not lying about her image ask her to Skype with you. If she says no ask why. If there is no satisfying answer like"I haven't got a webcam" she is probably lying about her looks. If you Skype with her an her webcam is off its the same.

When you text a girl on a dating app try to catch her attention. Instead of just saying hi, ask her something. And make sure you have a good profile picture that represents you the way you are NOW.

• Women don't take dating sites seriously because men are coming up to them in real life constantly asking them out, they don't need online dating. They just use those sites to build their ego.

• oh dude... just stop this thing. Online dating sites are a waste of time.