How to end a long distance relationship?

I have been dating a guy online for couple months now. We are in love but sadly my love for him is fading away. I am not the type to hurt someone else feelings like that. So I want to end it in a way that he won't be really hurt. He is really determined! I have tried before by telling him I don't want to ever speak to him again but he said he will find me. And I am sure he meant it. He is just very strong willed and won't take any of my stupid excuses. Now I just want to know. How can I end a relationship without him getting hurt?

Most Helpful Girl

• Be compassionate while giving your reasons for the breakup. For example, rather than assigning blame, just give your reasons for why you want to end the relationship. Don't allow guilt to prevent you from expressing your feelings, but express them as rationally and clearly as you can.

What Guys Said 9

• Just tell him it's better off that you and him not communicate
    cause your very busy with everyday life and there is things
    you need to do or tell him you got someone your helping out
    they need your help all the time and you aren't in the market
    for dating anyone cause you got concentrate on taking care
    of things and possibly you need to make money and have no
    time for a social life..

• Just have to be firm and say you are ending it.

• U can't when ur the one ending it. it is impossible, u can lesseon the blow alittle but he will be hurt

• just say that u can't continue wid himanymore... and block him :)

• by unfriend or deleting. and do delete any nude photo, video or message or nude selfie that you sent to him. as this is common.

• Sounds like a fucking nutter lmao. xD

• disappear from the internet

• "I have tried before by telling him I don't want to ever speak to him again but he said he will find me."

What the hell? This guy sounds like a stalker. Cut off all contact with him immediately. Block him online, on your phone, etc. He's not listening to logic and reason, so don't even waste your time trying that.

• Fake own death.

• :) lol

• There's no lie you can tell to make it hurt less. You should be honest so he knows why it ended and he has closure, you owe him that much, even if it hurts.

What Girls Said 4

• He sounds really fucking creepy. "he will find me" that sounds really stalker-like.

He is off his rocker.

I'd just tell him you found someone else in person for you to be with and no longer want to be with him. Then break up with him and delete and block him from everything.

• You can't end a relationship without causing hurt. You need to just be honest. End it. Tell him why, you said your love for him is fading and then don't talk to him again. Block him if it needs be.. You said he doesn't take excuses, so don't hurt him more than necessary by lying, because he will know. You're just wasting your life being stuck in a relationship just because you "not the type to hurt someone else feelings like that". Also, if you've never met him then you weren't actually dating. You don't know what he is doing whilst he is talking to you on the computer

• I must say... you can't end a relationship without the other person getting hurt... it always happens
    You need to be straight forward about it, commit so he gets the message

• just tell him that you can't deal with the distance anymore.