Is online dating worth it?

I want to try a new approach to dating while I have some free time, but not sure what to expect.

Most Helpful Guy

• Give it a shot and see where it takes you

What Guys Said 4

• Depends on if you get what you're wanting or not

• Like if I want to meet new people to date and see where things go?

• You'll never know unless you try

• I have lot doubts about online dating , i have girls who either
    message me and talk for while than stop so who knows.

• Is this using dating sites or meeting a guy online?

• Both, first meeting them online, then if things go well, in person, I suppose.

• I find it fascinating because even the shyest person has a totally different persona online and it takes a couple of conversations before you see real person - They are not fake just probably a differerent version of themselves.

• For women it is, guys it is not.

• Just wondering, why is it harder for guys?

• Because guys have made it to where they are over-abundant and women are scarce on dating sites. With that women have a now over inflated view of themselves, which makes them more picky or unrealistically so... making it harder for men to use those sites.

What Girls Said 3

• I should say go ahead and give it a try. I've been on a site like that for a week out of curiosity
    Just mentally prepare yourself for horny men sending you inappropiate mails...
    But there are also nice decent guys there... don't let yourself get scared off by the creeps and you'll be fine

• That was another thing I was afraid of, running into creepers. In real life, that has not been pleasant at all. Does it matter how many pics you post on your profile?

• Well on the site I was on you had to upload pictures to get more matches.

And about the creepers, it's online, if you find them creepy you just ignore them and decide not to meet them. And if you found a decent guy, you keep talking to him to know him better until you are sure that he's not a creep and you are ready.
      And always date in public crowded places, you never know

• Nope, I made a ocupid, before giant waste of time.

• its not worth it.