Help, I have a problem trusting women. How can I learn to trust a woman again?

Long story short I was in a relationship with a girl I thought was really sweet and kind, but she ended up cheating on me for some jock. Now I feel like I can't open myself up to a woman again because I will be betrayed again. Even if a girl acts sweet and kind I feel like it is an act she puts on for popularity. How can I learn to trust a woman again? And how can I tell between a real sweet and kind girl and one who is just acting?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know, maybe just realize that not all women are like that?
    As for being able to tell the difference between a sweet girl and a girl who's putting up an act... well, hasn't your experience taught you that there's no way you can tell the difference? Or at the very least, it's incredibly difficult. So it's either a hit or miss, really. You can always ask around or try see how she treats other people. Most people are bad liars and actors/actresses, so their true self tends to start shining through at some point. Maybe really get to know girls before getting in a relationship with them, that way you'll have some time to figure out if they're potentially bad people.

• Okay I will try to see things that way.

What Girls Said 3

• I honestly don't know how to tell the difference
    But if there are girls who are liars, there are also sincere ones
    I guess you should take your time getting to know the person first and see for yourself
    If you tell her about this, and she's interested in you, she'll understand

• Try talking to them for a long time.

• you have to find one that shows you that you can trust her.

What Guys Said 3

• Adopt the attitude of: if she cheats on me, it's on to the next one for me.

The problem is that you're letting yourself get bogged down by deceit, instead of thinking: "Her loss. I'm out of here."

If your mindset is that you can always go out and find someone new if you aren't treated right, that should also raise your perceived value quite a lot.

• obviously u should learn not all gals r da same 8)

• Find a good one and doit