Girls, help me understand?

So I'm 17 and I have never had a girl friend but for the life of me I can't work out why. So I'm 6'1 and im around 197 pounds but not fat, I train every day so mostly muscle, granted there's still some fat but I'm working on that but still lol. I make the girls I hang around with laugh a lot, I'm smart tho Im not the guy in the class who just sits there and gets in with it I have a mess around with people but know when to stop, I'm there when people need me, I will listen when people talk to me and help where I can, I'm not the best looking in the world so I assume that is the reason really but surly my personality got to count? I'm very social at school I talk to most people make loads of people laugh and things, tho outside school I'm in the gym most my time cause im looking at a career path that requires me to be in good shape, I just don't get it and I feel so pathetic when I think I'm 17 and I have never had a girlfriend I feel down and I don't get it

10

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't feel down about not having a girlfriend. Love shouldn't be your solution to be happy. Your 17. Think about it.. You have a whole life ahead of you to find that girl your destined for , to find that girl who really likes you for you. I personally think today's society is fucked up as people judge others by the way they look. I know this because iv been teased from a very young age. Please don't worry about not having a girl because that special someone will eventually enter your life and will make the wait so worth while

What Girls Said 9

• Do you even talk to girls? Or ask them out or anything? Girls that age don't take initiative fast to ask you out.

• You're pretty obsessed with yourself, you have to give the girl some priority tho. Did you ever try asking anyone out?
    I'm gonna be 17 soon and still am single, doesn't bug me at all.

• Obsessed with myself?

• Ok then so that's obsessed then better go tell everyone who sees the good in themselves then what am I meant to do then so I'm trying to work out y I can't get a girlfriend but in my question of y I'm gonna bag in myself? Don't really matter the things wrong does it? Not gonna change for noone

• I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. :|

• How would you describe your fashion sense and sense of humour? Plus is there even a girl you like? Coz if not well there's your answer right there

• You sound very sure of yourself and a little cocky. Maybe this is why? This is a huge off put for me.

• Don't see how that is cocky? and no I'm not actually cocky with people when it comes to being with people I am actually quite conservative with things I say due to low confidence from being picked on in school before I moved school

• Only cocky when it comes down to things that I have spent hours working on I guess u r referring to when I said about my weight and all and just to say I am gonna be a little cocky with that cause I was that fat kid a few years ago and I spend hour in the training room, walking and spent a ton of money to get myself to where o am

• No, it was overall, cocky was just the feeling I got from this, sorry if I offended you but I give an honest opinion

• Get to know one girl and start hanging out with her dont go quick tho thats bad but go little by little she might start falling for you

• Are you asking girls out or?

• Don't feel down! I never had a boyfriend until university. What's funny is that I have since learned that all of my guy friends from high school had crushes on me and never said anything. Girls are the same way, and can be shy about letting someone know that they like them. My brother didn't have a girlfriend until University either, and has had a similar experience as me. All of the girls that he was friends with, apparently had crushes on him. My recommendation would be to ask a girl out, go grab a coffee, go hang out with mutual friends, show interest. You have to put yourself out there or else girls won't even notice. I know that I didn't. I hope that this helps.

• Thanks that does help a lot 👍

• You are most welcome! :)

• you just have bad luck.

• Must be really bad luck

• I am 19 and still have not had a boyfriend soI understand

• I don't get it u know? Killing me when I see everyone with their gfs