Am I not good enough to be dated?

I'm 16 and never had boyfriend yet alone been asked on a date it doesn't really "bother" me it just kind of makes me think like what is wrong with me? am I not good enough? will I EVER be good enough? I don't know what to do or think anymore. I know I still have time but its hard seeing everyone talk about their "bae" and crap when no guy even talks to you

Most Helpful Girl

• Not necessarily. A male's attention will never be a true indication of how good enough a female is or is not. This is because most males are immature, premature, reckless, inconsiderate, tactless, tacky, internally undesirable, mentally and spiritually underdeveloped, and their own moral compass is either completely broken or non-functioning at all. The people talking about their "bae" typically end up getting irreversibly disappointed by that person especially if he's a teenager. Most teenage boys are just seeking to get their d*ck wet anyway and they will be as charming and cutesy as it takes to rack up their sexual experiences.

Anyhow, I didn't start dating until I was 18 years old and it was totally worth the wait and every single second of identical frustration you have. The guy was absolutely amazing: courteous, respectful, adventurous, ambitious, daring, and more! He was a straight A break-dancer who came here from another country on an athletic scholarship with eyes that could make you melt with just one look. He once shaved the first letter of my name into his head to show that he was taken :) He was more of a man than any of the little boys in high school who were disappointing young girls with the mask of someone valuable. Some things are certainly worth the wait!

What Guys Said 9

• You're only 16, I've seen people much older than you with these problems, it's more common than you think. Don't worry, probably you're just being unlucky.

• A lot of people wait longer than that, it's a lot more common than you may realize. I never had a date or kissed a girl til I was 17 almost 18. Am I not good enough?

Try to find out through the rumor mill if anyone may have a crush on you. If you hear about someone, ask them out. If you don't, ask out someone you like.

• If I could chop my age in half and change that for ya I would. But I can't. Nothing is wrong with you and good enough is all dependent on the kind of guy you want to date. Could be that the guys around you are nervous about talking to you or maybe you are really quiet and they just don't know how to talk to you. Don't worry about everyone else and their relationships I can guarantee they aren't all happy in them.

• hahahah don't worry... u are still young... it;'s 2 early 2 tell ;)

• I never went on a date until I was 16 lol my parents wouldn't let me!

Seriously, there is NO rush. Just focus on improving yourself, no worries.

• Dont worry lady... Nice girls always remain for nice guys... He will finally come :) just dont underestimate yourself :)

• Hey, I'm the same. Maybe you don't put yourself out there enough? You could try making some guy friends?

• relax most guys are too scared to ask you out prob

• yeah whatver. try being a man and 26 and no girlfriend ever. lets see where your confidence would be then... .

What Girls Said 5

• You're only 16. Come on.

• Well, you can't love someone until you love yourself. And you won't be able to accept love until you love yourself, either. There's nothing wrong with being single, in fact, it's a lot more drama-free and roomy. Sure, having a boyfriend or girlfriend is nice, but it shouldn't be an essential for you. You should never think that you have to rely on someone else to be happy. Make yourself happy, be with friends, go out and live, you know?

• I understand but, you have time, your young. Try talking to guys though.

• wait until your 20's omgosh things will pick up for you i am sure!!!

• I'm 18 and I've never dated someone. I've had the opportunity to but I didn't think I was ready. And I'm not really into dating especially at my age. I will date when I know things could get serious but as of now I'm living single and not settling for anyone (unless I am taken by surprise with the man of my dreams)!