If you ask him to hangout, then he pays for everything is it a date?

I had free passes to see any movie. I wanted to see something my female friends wouldn't like and I don't have male friends so I asked a guy from work whom I like that is friendly with me because I enjoy our conversations & his presence and guessed he'd like the film. We've never hung out outside of work alone.
I didn't want popcorn though he offered. After the movie he suggested fast food then he paid for us. Fast food is cheap so its not a big deal. He opened the restaurant door. Made jokes with me & teased me playfully. He got up to get me extra napkins & asked if I wanted more food. He shared his with me & we had lots of personal conversation. He took me home (we met up when arriving as I was already in area of movie). He text me about how much fun he had I replied that I enjoyed it too. Then he text an hour later apologizing for not writing back sooner (all I wrote was that I also had a good time). And told me he was going to go to sleep.

Did he turn it into a date or something? I 'asked him out' so it's not like he asked me on a date. Friends can go to the movies. And he probably paid because I gave him the movie ticket. Which I clearly didn't have to pay for either so he knows he didn't 'owe me'. Or do you think he felt that way?

Most Helpful Guy

• i gues it's too gentleman-ish in our era... no?

• I have to agree with this one.

• I think it's great. My friends and I go back and forth paying for a drink for one another. None of my friends will let me buy them anything just to buy it flat out. I've had a male friend pay for me & another friend together because he was excited about his paycheck. And I've treated him or whoever when they don't have extra money to spend. People don't tend to accept freebies otherwise

What Guys Said 3

• Seems like a date to me

• He may have understood that you simply asked to hangout with him, but those are all definitely signs of him liking you. Either that or he is incredibly courteous and is a straight up gentleman lol

• Did you guys kiss at the end of the "date"?

• Nope

• Hmm, well for me I always kiss at the end of the date especially if it was great

What Girls Said 4

• It does sound like he was treating it that way, and it sounds like he might really like you. :)

• It was definitely a date, no doubts.

• Well, some doubt lol. I don't think he knows it became like a date... Unless he considered it a date from the beginning & I was just oblivious.

• I think he wasn't sure what you had in mind, but he likes you and it would have been easily a date if it was for him.

• Yea Totally I would count it!

• yeah its a date.