If you were dating someone and discovered that they had cancer, would you stay with them?

You have been dating this person for little over awhile now and you both discover that your significant other is sick with cancer. Would you stay with them?

• Yes, always. This doesn't change a thing.
  • No... I'm not sure if I could.. I'm not sure if I could handle it.
  • Maybe... I'd have to think about it first.
  • Not sure.
  • Yes! I would want them to stay with me if I was the one who had cancer.
  • No, I would want them to leave me if I was the one who had cancer, it's probably better this way.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would stay with him in order to be a positive support for him. So that when he reaches the finish line and says 'I beat cancer', I'll be proudly standing beside him, happy with my decision

What Guys Said 12

• I didn't vote because I didn't need a hypothetical question to prove to my exgf who passed away from terminal cancer that I'd be there with her until the end. I was there at every chemo, to pick up her meds, to carry her when she could walk, I kept my ego and pride in check when her short time amnesia would kick in to tell me I was wrong about something even though we just did, or get up in the middle of the night to go on a adventure she just thought of because it made her tremendously happy, I stayed even when she didn't want me to to stick around and watch her not be the person she is. We danced, played, kissed, had sex in random places. I stayed with her, I would do it again and I will have regretted nothing. So go on and think on the hypothetical would you and what if's but I have gone through this. To me it's not something someone can just say and take their word for it. Prove It! Very few will stick around to deal w/ someone's illness. I've seen it.

• I'm sorry for your loss 😢

• You seem to have a healthy mindset about it and that's great. This was refreshing to read. You're a good man.

• @been_waiting - sent a pm

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-gif-maker_3.gif Yes, always. This doesn't change a thing.

• Without a doubt in my mind yes I would, and I actually had a cancer like scare with my last girlfriend she went in to the doctors for a checkup or after she had gotten over being sick and I guess they thought she had some kind of cancer or fatal illness but luckily after further testing it turned out to be nothing. But I would have stayed with her till the end and I would do the same for anyone I am with in the future.

• if we were serious... then yeah sure, i couldn't leave her :)

• That would be so fucken depressing :(
    Ofc I'd stay... but if they died, i want them to understand that i will date other people eventually 😢

• Yes for sure , it doesn't change a thing for me.

• In that case, I would like to stay with her more than what I have ever wanted to.

• Yes of course I would stay with her :)

• depends how invested i am already.

• i wonder if anyone else will chose F

• I would stay with her until she died. It would save me from having to break up with her when i move on to the next girl.

• Yes, I would stay with them. That being said, if I discovered I was the one with cancer, I would dump them to relieve them of the pain of losing someone (I wouldn't tell them I had cancer either, I;d just tell them I never cared about them and was just using them so peace!).

What Girls Said 9

• Yes, I would stay with him.

• Yes. I'm not going to leave them because of that. I understand that some people may not be able to handle that. Of course it would be hard, but I'd stick right by them.

• Of course, I took care of my grandmother before she died from cancer and it's such a horrible experience, I wouldn't leave someone alone during that.

• id stay with them because cancer shouldn't change the way you think about someone and some people beat cancer

• I would stay with them, even if I didn't actually want to. They would need support and love.

• Yeah, I would.

• Of course I would. :)

• I voted A But I would wnat him to leave me if i'm the one who had a cancer.

• I'd stay with them till the end.