Do you think men and women view beauty differently?

Particularly when judging another girl. Say if a group of guys see a girl and they all think she is a "bombshell", but the girls would describe her as average. This could also be opposite. A group of girls can think a one particular girl is beautiful, yet men will find her unattractive or average

do do you think men or women are more accurate when judging a girls appearance

• Men are more accurate
  • Women are more accurate

Most Helpful Guy

• Women get jealous of attractive members of their own gender much more readily than men

What Guys Said 15

• i find that girls can be very harsh towards other girls, particularly if they perceive them as a threat when it comes to getting male attention. Men don't often do this, because we're a lot better at calling other guys out for jealous behaviour than girls are. Guys can often acknowledge another guy who has their shit together more than they do. At the end of the day though, i think men are more accurate with this. i find that women are either so insecure, that they rate themselves too low (and hence see everybody else as much higher than they are) or they have egos a few notches to high, to the point where they rate themselves too highly, and every other girl too low. I've always found that guys are more accurate with their ratings, as long as the ratings aren't coming from thirsty men online

• Okay, men only see her figure and face.

Women see her style, how she walks, talks, and carries herself out.

• "group of guys see a girl and they all think she is a "bombshell", but the girls would describe her as average. " Umm maybe because they're JEALOUS of her? -_- #FacepalmAndItHappensAllOfTheTime i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-gif-maker_3.gif

I'd say men are better.

• Neither... females judge beauty by the attention they are recieving, guys judge beauty by estrogen secretions emanating from the female to attract them... a guy can be conditioned to except almost any female... if not men would be only attracted to female versions of themselves' because it's self complimenting.

• Obviously there IS no "right" answer. Men and women differ enormously even within their gender as to what is beautiful.

I suspect (may be wrong here) that in judging a woman, women would put more emphasis on dress and fashion sense while men would go more for pure physical attributes. So a qualified "A" if you really want an answer.

• Fashion is a man made hobby; Physical attractiveness is a primal instinct. Which one really merits more respect? An eye for fashion, or an eye for physical attractiveness?

• Fashion is baboons artificially enhancing the blue on their butts.

• You didn't specify sexuality, but assuming both men and women are straight, Men are obviously the best judges of a woman's attractiveness since, well, they're the ones who are ultimately going to be having sex with that woman.

Also most women claim other women who are getting attention are ugly to try and devalue her in front of men in the hopes that they'll look better.

• I think men are more accurate. It's not like women collect pictures of other women to oogle at in their free time.

• Some girls I know do

• I guess women approach their looks more scientifically while men go by their gut reactions... It would be the same with evaluating men as well...

• I think men are more accurate sine in the end, it's our opinion that matters the most ^^

• Well, nobody is really more accurate, as it all just comes down to personal preference. But if course men's judgement counts more, as they are the ones who want to get involved with the girl.

• We definitely view beauty differently, however it is impossible to label one as more accurate because that establishes one genders experience as more legitimate then the others.

• Everybody is different and it doesn't matter.

• beauty is in the eye of beholder

• It's relative. Each person can think that any given person is attractive or not to them and the opposite can be true in other people's eyes yet they can both exist at the same time. Attractiveness isn't an objective external thing that we judge better or worse than others. It only exists in our heads, we are both attractive and unattractive based on who's looking at us.

• how about girls put what they view as beauty and men put what they view as beauty

• I shouldn't have to explain why the answer is definitely men.

What Girls Said 20

• if ur using the word 'accurate', it would have to be measured up against some sort of truth. in this case, there's no such thing. there's no truth about beauty, so the 'accuracy' concept becomes invalid. no one is more accurate than the other. beauty is subjective and this is why we all view it differently- because we are different people with different ideas.

• I don't think one is more accurate than other, just different ideas of beauty.
    There has been different studies that has shown this.

brenandmike.influxentrepreneur.info/.../...n-2.jpg

Womens idea of beauty (based on a survey)

i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...200000578-970_964x511.jpg

Mens idea of beauty (based on a survey)
    i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...200000578-525_964x508.jpg

This based on a uk study (so uk dress sizes)
    heyladyheylady.files.wordpress.com/.../bodyimage.jpg

• I don't think anyone is more "accurate". They just like different things.

• Lol not really. Every girl knows this. Especially if you're on social media. When I was on it I would observe people's instagrams.
      I would observe
      the ratio between guys and girls liking their pictures
      As well as their comments and their followers

• I don't think any gender dominates another in an area like this. Both men and women have the ability to recognise and interpret beauty from different perspectives with whatever it may be according to them.

(E. g. Men can recognise beauty from a far, they can see the big picture and recognise beauty in those, just from a front on, point of view, so they notice the natural and raw tones in things/someone. Women can recognise beauty in finer details (close up).

It's really a win win situation for both genders.

• I feel like women can probably judge a girls natural appearance more accurately than men could just because we know all of the tricks of the trade. For example, I can tell how much makeup a girl is wearing in a glance, but a guy might be more clueless.

• So what. A hot girl is a hot girl

• I think guys have lower standards for what girls they think are beautiful. I don't think much of another girls beauty unless she's model status

• I think women are more accurate. If a girl isn't a guy's type then she's becomes automaticly 2 steps lower in his mind. I also think men have a much more narrow view of what their type is.
    I think women can understand another women's attractiveness even if that's not what she wants to look like or what she wants to date. I also think women have more types

• People view beauty differently...
    Men care more about the body, while women care about the body and the face... so you conclude who is more accurate.

• Men care about a lot about faces too you know...

• Actually women care about attitude. Women don't like awkward men

• @Asker, whom was this last comment directed towards? O. o

If it was towards me - I agree. But I was thinking you were only talking about physical beauty.
      But yes, women care far more about the inner workings of someone while men are drawn more towards the outer appearance (not all, of course).

• no one is more 'accurate'. beauty is in the eye of the beholder. having said that, i would say many girls' judgments about other girls are clouded by their jealousy or sense that this girl might be a threat to them. which is the same with guys, by the way.

but obviously it doesn't really matter what a girl thinks (assuming she's straight) because she won't be the one approaching her and asking for her number

• I think it varies more on an individual level than it does by sex -and that since it's relative, there's no true "accurate".

• Neither is more accurate.

• I don't any gender is technically accurate at all we all just see beauty in different ways

• I think girls are a little more accurate as most men like to be nice to most girls as to not hurt their feelings.

• Or girls are just jealous bitches?

• I mean if you're near two guys, and this random girl walks by and they think she is hot. I doubt they're being nice

• I still think men are brought up to be more delicate with these things. Girls, even they don't mean to, might think of others girls as competition and thus might be a bit harsher.

• Beauty is like art; it's subjective so everyone has their own version of what is beautiful.
    I agree that I am critical on my own appearance, because I have an idea of how I'd like to look and when I don't achieve it, it can be a bit frustrating. I don't get jealous of other girls appearance; genetics really worked great for them and I appreciate their beauty for what it is.

• I think men judgment is more accurate (as long as he isn't bitter) than women because c'mon, girls would never compliment other girls who are hotter than them unless if they are super confident about themselves (unfortunately that isn't often the case). I have noticed that most of the time, girls would compliment other girls who they find less attractive than them. Just try to look at facebook, average girls get more likes by other girls than the really beautiful ones. Please stop throwing the 'beauty is in the eye of beholder' saying. Obviously, jealously can be a huge problem to other women.

• I don't think it's a gender thing, everyone has their own idea of beauty. That true, but cliche saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

• There are different types of men out there. the ones thinking about boob size and a girl butt size. Another one who thinks about imperfection and real beauty.

• I think people view beauty just about the same way, and there's not really a way to judge whether someone's opinion is accurate or not

• Girls see every individual feature, and men see the overall image.

• Or they're just jealous the girl gets more attention

• Honestly I don't know. Women can be jealous pricks and men could see a woman as a sex object