What do you think he meant? He wants children?

I was on a date with this guy. We were talking about future goals and desires. He was talking about how he planned on bettering his career because (his words exactly) "even though right now I am on the bottom. I would like to work my way up to make more money because one day I would like to have a family"... I have a kid and he knows this but I have been racking my brain because I would think if he meant he wanted children he would have said "start" a family. I didn't want to push the subject and scare him but I don't want anymore children. I really like this guy though.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well he clearly wants his own family one day that's all he's simply saying. You're taking it way out of proportion, and you should let him know your plans of never having children by the way since you're in the age range of where man and woman are trying to settle down in relationships and a lot of guys want their own children someday.

What Guys Said 2

• He just wants to have a good family - I think you're overthinking it.

• So you would never be open to him having a kid of his own?

Huh. Easy to say when you already have your own. Doesn't matter to you if he soaks time and money into you and your kids, but heaven forbid he have one.

Let the guy meet another woman. Nothing more insulting, on the most primal level, than a woman screwing a guy out of having his own kids.

• Judge much? You have no idea what matters to me so don't say I don't care about his time or money. I wouldn't have asked the question if I didn't care. And you saying that I am insulting by screwing his chances to have his own kids is definitely more insulting. After all it would be my body he would be impregnating and certainly I have more of a call in that. Never said I was against him having his own child either. But hey if anonymous woman bashing makes you feel better then carry on.

What Girls Said 3

• To answer your question. I take the quote from it.

I would like to work my way up to make more money because one day I would like to have a family"...

You already answered your question.

• I think he wants kids one day, not right now but in the future

• He wants them!