Why do white (caucasian) girls tend to prefer guys that look different (latino, middle eastern, mixed) over white guys?

I'm strictly talking about looks, not personality. Why are white girls generally more attracted to those that look different than them (other races) than those that look similar to them (white guys)?
I don't get it, are white guys not attractive enough for white girls or?

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally have always been more attracted to white guys (like myself) than any other and never considered dating outside my race. Occasionally there would be someone of a different race that would catch my attention (mostly Arabs) but it was always just a small attraction and they were usually very very universally attractive men.

Recently I have started being involved with other races, and have friends with benefits from 4 different races. Though you said you are talking strictly looks not personality, I have to mention personality. Being attracted to a personality is what makes me physically attracted to the man, and therefore not see race at all anymore.

What Girls Said 9

• Why do a lot of guys on GaG seem incapable of asking questions like this when they could reach an answer with relatively little thought? I believe the majority of [any race] women don't like dudes that we consider stupid--unless if the woman wants to use him-- and this [question] would fall under that category.

• I dont really care about race. That's just silly. It depends on the person, and as cliché as it is, their personailty. I haven't dated a lot of people but I've had major crushes on all types of people from race to personality.

• Okay, but I mean, why are there more white girls with guys from other races than white girls with white guys?

• I like white guys. Not strictly, but I do.

• Well you are one white girl, but again I said most of them are not into white guys or generally prefer other races over white guys, so it's pointless anyway.

• They find them exotic?

• So? being exotic doesn't make them better looking.

• No not necessarily.. But it may add to the curiosity and adventure

• That's stupid.. choosing a non-white guy over a white guy only because he looks different? That sounds stupid. Who would want to date a girl like that?

• Hey! White guys are still attractive and other guys from other races are still attractive. It depends on the women. White girls are generally attracted to other races than their own because simply it's their preference. 😀😄

• But is it normal that most prefer other races over white guys? Is it a normal thing?

• I am more attracted to other races not because of their looks, simply it is just my preference. My current boyfriend is White. I've never dated any Asian guys. I have dated other races, but just not Asian. I know many have said "dating or be with your own race is always better". Obviously, nothing on this earth is ALWAYS.

• But the VAST MAJORITY of people HAVE to date within their race.

• I haven't even paid attention to that, I've actually never dated a guy that wasn't white. No, I'm not racist and I have no problem with dating someone not of my race. I am probably attracted to white guy's more than any other race. This is maybe for some girls that like that.

• I'm in a place that is mixed as fuck. Most hispanic and middle eastern girls here date their own race, but most white girls date other races and rarely white guys... why?

• Maybe they just like them better? Sorry, I can't be much help, I live in southern VA in a really small town so I don't see that here. I guess since we were raised here that might be why I like my own race the best?

• I don't think all white girls are like this calm down there's plenty white girls in the world for all of you

• I never said all, I said generally which means most of them do. So why?

• They don't. Maybe some do, but 95% of all people prefer a mate of the same race. Science, bitches!

• Get tired of their race

• Sorry, I've never noticed that.

What Guys Said 6

• Most girls tend to stick with their race when it comes to dating. Everybody likes someone who looks exotic though. Like an average white guy in America would be a Channing Tatum in Japan.

• Im mixed race and most girls I've been with were white. When I ask them why its mainly because of the skin tone... They like caramel lol

• Well yeah.. the same can't be tell about white (or white-tanned / olive) skinned guys...

• they don't... that's just your perception of things.

• Well that's basically what I see all the time. White girls with other races but rarely with white guys.

• I don't know in which country you live, but if it is mainly populated with white people, then I assure you, that this is just your perception. Not the reality.

• It's not mostly white people. It's a perfect mix of white, hispanic and middle eastern.

• And guys don't do this too? I know I do.

• Most white guys don't date outside their race. A good amount of them do, but overall 90%+ are with white girls. That's not the same case for white girls, though.

• I never noticed this.

i thought white females liked rich/badboy white guys over any other race including black and Asian.

• reported for being the 234254th time you've asked this