Would guys NOT date a girl because she experiences domestic violence?

Hi :) okay so I'm currently talking to a guy and we both are crushing on each other. We were messaging, then the fact that my dad hits me sometimes came up somehow. Although he was being nice about it, is that a big turn off?

I mean some guys make not want to date girls who've experienced domestic violence because the situation can be messy? (I do have a good education and job, and I'm pretty normal other than that though)

any replies would be much appreciated!

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah it's your dad. No offense but if your dad beats you my brain says yeah if this girls suppose to be your girl you can't let anyone beat her but um this is her dad. That shits still wrong and fucked up but I'm not sure how to handle that situation. Then I think well what does this girl think relationships are suppose to be like among other thoughts and eventually it turns into a tailspin of what ifs. Then I try to leave before I get in too deep cause it seems like a big scary confusing thing. Just being honest. My ex had a dad who was verbally abusive, a sorta violent bodybuilder for an exstepdad, and a nice but relatively new and dismissive new stepdad. Yeah I was confused and worried a lot and it was an extremely difficult relationship so I fear stuff like that now.

What Guys Said 7

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-gif-maker_3.gif I'd have no problems what so ever with dating her because unlike that last punk. I wouldn't be putting my hands on her to begin with.

• It depends how it affects her. If it interferes with our sex life (like it usually does) then it would be an issue for me. If it does not interfere with our sex life, then I don't really see an issue. It was in the past and is 90% of the time out of her control, so it wouldn't be an issue for me. I'd just try to remember not to remember not to raise my voice around her.

• What from like her siblings or parent? I'd just try to help them move out. Not move in with me though I don't need extra drama bullshit in my life. But somewhere...

• If it hasn't damaged you psycholically, then it wouldn't matter.

• Not a turn off lol

• For me it wouldn't be a turn off... I'd be angry with the dad though... I hate meaningless violence

• Np
    --------

What Girls Said 5

• The drama might be a major turn-off especially seeing as she's a grown ass adult so really and truly she could move out instead of putting up with that shit.

• It can be messy, yeah, not everyone will want to deal with it. But there was this time when my first boyfriend believed I was a victim of domestic violence and he wanted to "rescue me". So I don't know, it depends on the guy.

• I think most guys would date girls like that.

• Omg I'm so sorry to hear this. It makes me so sad to hear as this is a topic I hear so much about from my best mate. Many of the guys I know definitely would see past the girl's home life and date her for who she is. I hope this guy you are talking to is one of these amazing peeps who can top. Good luck girl and if it's not him there's someone out there for ya keep positive xo

• It really depends on the guy. I think if he likes you enough, and you get to know each other well enough before telling him then he'll be more likely to accept it and help you work through it.