How many people genuinely think that the opposite sex is shallow?

Had anybody, upon hearing a gripe like, "women are only interested in material things/money", or, "men are only interested in a woman's body/sex" (either statement, of course is meant to imply that one should only be loved for his/her personality), stopped to think, "maybe it's her/him/them/me"?

• Yes, at-least some of the people who say things like that should really take a look in themselves
  • No, men/women (whichever you aren't) usually really are *that* shallow
If , say... a you saw a dirtbag with no identifiable personality, accused women of only being interested in his money... wouldn't that be weird and backward? Wouldn't it be his fault for not offering anything else?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm currently disappointed in the poll results. I feel like everyone is shallow and especially the people that say stupid things like that. I see "no feminists or fatties" on online dating profiles all the time. Does that make me lose hope in men in general? No. It makes me avoid those particular men.

What Girls Said 3

• They usually are shallow. Not all to the same insufferable degree though.

• The misandry and misogyny on this site is real.. I guess.

• Both men and women are quite shallow. It depends on the person.

• Well ya...

• When you see/hear someone accuse someone else of being shallow, do you ever think that maybe the accuser is in fact the one that is lacking depth, and that pherhaps *that's* the real reason he/she believe's the other is shallow.

Do you think that maybe *some* of the people who resent not being appreciated for anything more than their money or whatever, don't actually offer anything more than that, and that's where the real problem lies for them?

• Sometimes I do think so, yeah..

No, I don't believe that one, though.

What Guys Said 4

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-gif-maker_3.gif No, men/women (whichever you aren't) usually really are *that* shallow

• i think everybody is shallow to a certain point and considering differing topics. nobody is free of it.

• I see more of the shallow-ness being in teenagers rather than either gender. Either way, it's totally based on the person.

• So do you, at-least some of the time, suspect that it's the accusors lack of personality that is to blame, and not always necessarily the accused's fault?

• Hard to say. I've dated a girl or 2 that were legitimately materialistic, "attention whores" that were all about me, me, me what can you offer her, buy for her, etc. I obviously will spoiler my girlfriend, but come on being entitled?
      Likewise, I have lady friends that dated total d-bags that were all about having sex, nothing meaningful in the relationship.
      The stereotype is def. true with certain people, it's hard to determine without dating the person.

• I voted no!