Guys, do you mind beeing called cute or being complimented on your good behaviour?

So i've been dating this guy for a while and he actually is the perfect gentleman, but as soon as i tell him how much i like it that he e. g. always asks me if i'm alright or if i got home safely he kinda changes his attitude ans doesn't want to take the compliment or even stops beeing friendly at all for a while
should i stop thanking him for all the nice gestures?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• may be he will be more happy if u complemented on his looks. try it a couple of times n u will find out what it is. I also feel bored when girls complement me on my behaviour as I don't want to look like a well mannered kind of guy. I want to give the impression that I m kind of rough guy at the same time cute or good looking. What I have learnt from my past experience is that girls start losing interest after some time on a guy if he is too well mannered or well behaved. Girls have a tendency to get inclined towards bad but cute guys.

What Guys Said 13

• Most gentlemen who are cute already know we are cute, and if you notice it, thats fine, but its better not to tell us we're cute.

Complementing our behavior is great, but try to say it in a way that will make us feel empowered.

Instead of "its so cute when you open the car door for me." Try saying "I feel like such a princess when you open the car door for me."

And instead of saying "its cute when you text me to ask if I got home safe" try saying "knowing you care enough to make sure I got home makes me feel safer with you."

It may be very cute, especially when the gentleman does these gestures so overtly, but guys would much rather be reminded we are strong and reliable than cute or funny.

• hahahhha that's nice actually :)

• Complimented on my behavior, I'm never complimented on my looks lol

• I don't know if I like being called cute, it's slightly derogatory.
    "... complimented on good behaviour" you make him sound like a pet

• It's nice as long as I'm sexy too, I don't want to be just cute and not sexy...

• yes

.,.,.

• He is embarrass. I am the same way. Just appreciate it and accept it with a good thank you every time

• Once in a while should be okay.

• I don't mind

• He is probably a bit shy and gets embarrassed...

• I wouldn't mind getting compliments, then I'd know I did good

• Depending on how you do that it could seem condescending to him perhaps. Especially if your saying that his gentlemanly behaviour is cute. He may get the impression that you think his behaviour is quaint or antiquated and not what you really desire.

• I don't mind.