Would you date a Nice Guy (TM)?

A guy who wears fedoras, talks about how girls never like him because he's "too nice" but has a very strict set of guidelines for the type of behaviour he finds appropriate in a woman?

• Yes
  • No
  • Unsure

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol HELL no I don't like a guy who expects a girl to pity him into a relationship! I mean if the guys an honest dork and real nice guy that's adorable, but if he thinks his being nice is why he's single he's a LOSER. I'd sing the scrub song but I don't know the lyrics :/
    Also I'm not really into being told what appropriate behavior is for me based on my gender...
    Side note real nice guys are the cutest thing ever lol

• Yeah, there's a difference between a nice guy and a Nice Guy (TM).

• And almost exclusively, the people who wear fedoras are people that don't look good in hats.

• RIGHT! Lol some people just should t wear hats. I don't get why people don't get that... Most of them get really greasy too fri wearing that thing...

What Guys Said 9

• Not a fan of this whole sexism thing, nor do I see why anyone would choose to date someone who belittles them and dehumanizes them on every possible level.

If I were a female, I sure wouldn't date a guy like that. Those guys tend to be bitter TRPers who think all women are bitches and their only virtue is that they have a vagina between their legs, and otherwise incapable of functioning as an intelligent human being due to being a victim of their "unstable emotions" or whatever.

Voted B).

• Lol thank you for your input. (By the way, I actually chuckled which is why I chose to include the lol. I like to see men who think the way you do.)

• I couldn't, even if I wanted to. I've never met such a guy.

As for nice guys in general, this 'nice guy' controversy arises from the fact that there is a conflict between conventional morality and what women find attractive. This makes women and not-nice men feel guilty and insecure, which is why there is so much rage against the nice guy.

I don't feel bad at all in admitting that I am immoral according to conventional morality. But, I don't feel bad about it because I know that conventional morality is the wrong morality. I don't feel any anger towards nice guys. I feel sorry for them, because they have been lied to.

• So in your opinion, Nice Guys (TM) finish last?

• Do you believe that conventional morality makes it easier or harder to live together peaceably?

• Harder, definitely.

• I would, because people get like that for a reason. And y'all are pathetic for hating on them.

You're all so pleased with yourself for being well-adjusted, socially astute people who can play the dating game.

These guys are miserable and lost, they are embittered by crappy experiences piling up, and they need help, they don't need further bullying and ridicule.

Fuck you.

There is nothing I loathe more than people who have it good or okay looking down their nose at those struggling.

• Yikes. I'm guessing we're looking at one right here, y'all.

• I don't have to do any ridiculing myself - such people are already objects of ridicule by their own actions.

• This whole post is ridiculing them...

• i'd rather date a pizza 8)

• (Although this question is for the ladies, I just wanted to know what they would say) I read the comments and saw a definite NO from all the females, what if he was a 6ft well educated healthy male, just shy and doesn't know how to chat girls up (he will never cheat on you for sure). So I would say, if a "nice girl" was in that situation and says the same thing, I will look at all her qualities and if she has potential I will help her and keep her.

• I don't think you know what a Nice Guy (TM) is. It's the type of guy that always complains about being friendzoned but only wants to date virgins, etc.

• Oh ok understood, my apologies. I don't know I guess he will suffer.

• I would date a women with a nice personality for sure; someone that is nice

• Notice how no girls said Yes. Note to "nice" guys. Stop being nice.

• There's a difference between being a nice/good person and being a "Nice Guy (TM)".

• yes but not a beach like you.

• No, they are DICKHEADS! That's what the fedora is for... to cover the DICK on their HEAD!

i1.kym-cdn.com/.../3e2.jpg

What Girls Said 3

• Guidelines? That alone sounds ridiculous.

• That sounds horrible

• No, thanks.