Girls, would this date idea work?

i've been talking to a girl from school ( only texts and minor interactions in school) and i'm thinking of asking her out like this :
i'd tell her that i wanna go watch avengers age of ultron but all of my friends already saw it and i have no one to go see it with , then maybe get lunch from the food court in the mall, hang out a little and then give her a present i made her ( it's a scarf i knitted for her ) would that work?

11

Most Helpful Girl

• (Side note: This is how I got a guy to go on a date with me, because I genuinely do love action movies and don't know anyone else who does.) I half think that's a good plan, but only really for a girl. Sorry to be sexist, but this sounds like the way a girl who doesn't want to appear too forward would ask out a guy on a date, and I think if you ask her out this way, she's more likely to think you really are only asking her because you have no one else to go with. Why don't you just ask her straight out. Or otherwise "I'd really like to go see the new avengers. I was wondering if you'd like to come with me?" is better. Also, does she like avengers? Not every girl likes superhero movies, and if she doesn't, she might think it was a bit selfish of you to pick something only you'd like.

What Girls Said 10

• ... maybe hold back on the scarf it might come of as a little creepy on a first date, otherwise sounds good.

• That could work. Or you could simply ask her if she wanted to go see that specific movie with you instead of lying.

• that is super romantic

• Maybe drop the scarf, or maybe see if she wants to see a different film. I remember when for some reason I agreed to go on a date to watch planet of the apes. Worst few hours ever, go somewhere or see something your both interested in

• Maybe leave the knitting till second or third date, but yh, sounds good

• I think you should be sure that she likes the avengers first. And maybe the present is too soon.

• You knitted a scarf awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

• If you guys have things in common and you know she might enjoy it then go for it. It's the thought that count.

• Yeah that sounds really fun :)

• sounds like a good plan!