How would you react to somebody telling you "i love you" if you didn't reciprocate the feeling?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 4

• I remember talking to this boy for about two weeks. We then kissed right outside of my house. When I pulled away, he whispered 'I love you'. Considering I had only been speaking for two weeks, I literally panicked and pretended I didn't hear him. I literally walked off. Looking back now, I feel so bad! My friends told me how bad I was, but he soon got over it. I hear he's settled down now. Were friends, and only kissed he once. I do wish I had said something or done something a little more dignified than just running away from it. To be honest, I think I have a problem with the whole 'I love you' situation.

• i think you overreacted. not because you ran away, but because it should have been clear that what he was feeling wasn't love.

• I know I did. My friends say the same, it always shocks me when I hear it. I don't know,

• I'd feel very awkward and bad for not feeling the same way.

• it's happened before. I told him that it was sweet that he felt that way about me but I just wasn't quite at that level yet.

• I remember the first time my ex told me he loved me. I said "Oh, crap, really?" Thank God he laughed.

What Guys Said 4

• I'd say that's sweet but I don't feel the same

• "thanks anyway :D"

• I'd ask if they meant it and tell them that I'm not attracted to them in that way. Or i'd call them about it later.

• it's a very difficult thing to respond to, init?

• Yup. I've been in a situation where the opposite happened. I hinted that I didn't like one of my friends that way when she was hoping I did and we had a more serious talk about it the next day.

• i love you too , but like a sister... classic