Where did I go wrong with this girl?

I know this girl hadn't been in a relationship in a long time. Anyway me and her started off as acquaintances. She would just say hi when she saw me. Then randomly she started approaching me and talking to me like going out of her way to do it. We also would be teasing each other and she was touching me. I'm thinking whatever until she asks if I saw her post about her being single on facebook. She then mentioned she had no one to hangout with on her day off so we went hiking together. After that she started liking and commenting on all my pictures. I figured I'd ask her out as she had been very quick at texting and calling me back. It turned out she was busy that week with work and hanging out with other people.

Now she has been cold towards me. She will tell me hi and stuff but doesn't make an effort like she used to. She also told someone she wasn't into the commitment thing right now. Did I scare her away by asking her out? I don't know what I did.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. You did everything right. She seemed to be the one to get cold-feet. You did nothing wrong.

• So what are some reasons she might have done this

• She might have felt that it was too soon for her to be interested in another person so she decided to make you feel that she wasn't interested in you to make you move on.

She could be interested in only being friends.

She might think you're taking advantage of her situation since she told you she had recently gotten out of it. I'm just thinking of possible reasons though. None of them could be true.

What I do find true is that you did everything correctly. Sorry it didn't go your way.

What Girls Said 2

• Ask her! Girls aren't that complicated, she might feel like your emotions are stronger than hers and therefore trying to protect you.. It could be her tie, of the month and she simply doesn't wanna be close to anyone... There's a reason behind it just ask her why!

• Haha could it be that she didn't like me back. It seems like she did but I don't know

• I'm sure from what you've said she likes you back, girls are sensitive,.. Just be brave and send her a message when you get a slow reply or no reply for a few hours just text and say 'hey what's gone wrong between us' just let her tell you she's the only one that knows!

• you might have scared her away.

What Guys Said 4

• Brother, I know what you're going through, and I know for a fact it's not your fault for trying. Hell, I don't understand why women have to be cold just for a guy trying to express love. Best of luck to you, man!

• wait a minute... y don't u text her, when she stops being busy bro? ;)

• I would if she wasn't being so weird in person. She acts like she wants nothing to do with me.

• Far too many girls do this crap. It's not you its all her.

I suggest give her space. Don't bother chasing her since she will just get colder towards you. She isn't worth the time and effort unless she is willing to do the same.

• I think she's just conflicted on the inside to be honest. Just keep trying your best to be with her and figure her out.