Would you date somebody with a lot of followers on social media?

For example, if your boyfriend or girlfriend had like 50,000 followers on Instagram or another site, would you stay with them?

Just think about it, all these guys or girls are constantly drooling over your special someone, liking their photos and sending them messages telling them how beautiful they are. Would that be enough for you to call it quits?

Would you get jealous or sad, especially if they never included you in any of their pictures and excluded you?

I have about a thousand followers on my Instagram, but not because of my selfies, it's because I post my artwork on there, and doesn't bother my boyfriend.

This question has been contemplating me for a while, but I didn't know how to word it.

• Yes, I would date somebody with a ton of followers.
  • No, I would not date somebody who is famous on social media.
  • It depends on the number of followers they have.
  • Other.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't use social media. I'd actually prefer if they didn't post a bunch of pictures with me up on it if they did have a lot of followers. If they tried to advertise the relationship to the world and they spent a large deal of their life on the social media no I wouldn't date them.

What Guys Said 11

• I voted "A", because chances are, if someone has that many followers anyway, they couldn't possibly know even 50% of them, nor do they get out much. People can cheat regardless of how many "followers" or "friends" they have on a social networking site.

• Of course. I wouldn't hold that against her, because that's a tremendous asset to have. So long as her head is in the right place, we can make it work. I'm the polar opposite of a social media rockstar, but we'll get there.

The fact you're growing organically by providing quality content is commendable. Keep at it.

• I wouldn't care as long as
    1. isn't conceited
    2. doesn't spend all her time on social media
    3. doesn't post revealing or overly sexual pictures

otherwise I don't care how many followers she has

• i dont use social media so i think this would be a big no for me. i couldnt be with someone who loves social media so much.

However, having said that if it was to display artwork or advertise a business etc it wouldn't bother me.

I just hate social media whores who are self obsessed.

• sure np...# of followers mean nothing 8)

• Oh maybe not sure

• The # of social media followers, in itself, is very much a non-factor for me.

• The amount of followers does not effect whether or not I'd date her.

• Yes i see no problem in dating a girl with lot of followers :D :-D

• Long as she's devoted to me like I'd be to her, I wouldn't care if she had thousands of fans in person, I'd get irritated if they tried to touch her without her acceptance though.

• I would date that woman in the photo.

What Girls Said 9

• Yeah, i wouldn't care.

• I have a ton of followers on tumblr and it's fun to post pictures of my boyfriend and people tell us how cute we are haha

• I don't care how many followers they have. I just don't prefer that they are on social media a lot. They are all the time busy with posting things. Tagging etc. No thanks.

• It's just social media. I have 3k tumblr followers, but I stopped posting on there, and like maybe 10 of them interact with me anymore. It means jack shit.

• I really wouldn't care unless they were posting promiscuous pictures or posing with a lot of women.

• I sure would. Maybe they can give me a shout out

• I don't want my boyfriend to have any social media

• No way.

I couldn't handle that

• No, thanks. That says something about them.