Girls, what makes a guy romantic?

I've been single for a very long time and I'm worried that I'm out of practice. I can't remember the last time that I thought "I would love to do this for a girl". I don't feel like I can be romantic anymore. So what makes a guy romantic?

8

Most Helpful Girl

• Being sweet and flowers!

• Thanks. Anything else?

What Girls Said 7

• oh gosh, anything that shows he's made an effort thinking "i know this will make her happy"
    i think that's what it's really about.

that's the difference between a text and a letter.

or making arrangements to meet with her rather than skyping her [if the distance permits].

or when you occasionally go for the forehead kiss rather than the lips every time.

or when she's cold and clearly u r too, but u give her ur jacket anyway.

or when you can laugh at yourself and make yourself look stupid without caring.

it's just little things that build up to happiness.

• Putting in the effort just to make a lady feel special. Make her a playlist, pack a picnic, attempt to cook her dinner, cuddle with her.

• being spontaneous randomly doing small things for just cause

• I find someone who does nice gestures for me, like buying flowers/surprise dinners to be incredibly romantic. The simple things.

• You don't need big romantic gestures. I personally appreciate the little things like opening the door, holding my bags, random compliments, or even buying my favorite candy just because he saw it in the store and it reminded him of me. Girls that ask for more are spoiled!! Plus not all guys are big on romance so just start with the little things and work your way up :)

• When you find the right girl it'll inspire romance. Simple chivalry like holding doors open for a girl can be considered romantic. Flowers and such. A simple "good morning sweetheart" text or something like that would give her butterflies.

• When a guy shows that he's been thinking about you even if he's doing something small to show that, and when he shows he remembered stuff about you.
    Like if you are going on a first (or 2nd or 3rd might be easier) date with someone maybe they mentioned their favorite candy that they used to love eating as a kid and haven't had in forever. (Or something else similar to that..) You could show up to the following date with that candy for them or whatever it was that you took note of and decided would be nice to get. It would show that you were listening to her and remembered what she said, and not only that but you were thinking about her outside of seeing her, which is nice.
    I feel like things like that are romantic, and somewhat impressive. I don't know about other guys, but I feel like a lot of the guys I was with didn't do things like that. Or even remember little things (like how I drink my coffee even though I've ordered it in front of them several times or told them several times how I take it, they still don't make an effort to remember and always keep asking) so I'm usually impressed when a guy I'm with will show he remembered something like that.